Register now to get rid of these ads!

History June 6, 1944 Plus 65 Years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Take some time today to thank a WWII vet, or just say a little thank you prayer to yourself.

There were hundreds and maybe thousands of Hot Rodders that never came home.

2. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

thanks to the "Greatest Generation" for our Freedom

[​IMG]

3. rick finch

rick finch

Thank you...you ARE the "Greatest Generation!"

4. RichG

RichG

In my perfect world there are WWII Hambers out there right now to read this: Thank you and God Bless.

5. RIGHT ON MAZOOMA !!

They were the Greatest Gen. We shall NEVER see the likes of them again.

Rat

6. Without a doubt Rich...God Bless these brave people and the freedom they protected

7. My dad is 95 years young and this morning I asked him "you know what today is?" He replied "Yep, D-Day......how could I forget, the day we were all running for our lives." I said thanks and left it at that.

If you run across a WWII vet today, thank them for what you have. Truely the greatest and bravest generation.

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

I think about WWII Vets and my Dad everyday, and thank them for everything we have today.

9. "THANK YOU", is not enough to all the men and women who gave there lives for what we enjoy here today.-Weeks

10. Larry T

Larry T

I posted this over on the Ol' Farts Club. Since you have to know the secret handshake to get in over there, I figure I'll put it up here. To me stuff like this makes WWII so much more real than reading about it in a history book. They were ALL hero's, truly the Greatest Generation. This is not to take anything away from any veteran that has served since then, you are all heros too. Thanks for your service.

Here's a page from my dad's flight log. Lot's of history in one short line.
    Larry T

[​IMG]

11. MIKE47

MIKE47
    from new jersey

Yep. Those guys are all heros for sure. Takes some balls to do what they did.

12. See Stephen Ambrose's book, Citizen Soldier. Excellent account of what went on that day, plus the action and heroism in the months that followed. Words alone cannot express how we are indebted.

Pete
    Richmond, VA

13. My dad served in the Pacific Theater on a tin can. He has a purple heart license plate with DD-366 on it. That was his ship's hull number, USS Draughton. Any way he comes to pay me a visit today. One of my neighbors is out walking her dog and sees the license plate. She takes the time to thank him for his service. It kind of chokes you up when a total stranger does something like that.

14. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

they all are heros...think about that pic for a min....those guys jumped off that landing craft in wast to neck deep water with germans shooting at them and wondering if they were ever make it out of there alive....god bless out vets !!!!

15. Swifster

Swifster

This is still the 'Greatest Generation'. When you see the little blue hair who is not the driver she once was, remember she may have worked at the Willow Run bomber plant. When you see the skinny little old man who may take too long at the grocery check out, remember he may have been on the beaches at Omaha. They are the reason we don't speak German or Japanese. They are the ones who lived on rashioned meat, sugar, gasoline and tires. They are why we have the freedoms we do. They are heros! Treat them that way.

16. All 6 uncles on my Mothers side that served are Gone now and three of my four uncles on my Dads side are gone and the one that's left gets my salute every time we meet!

Oh... and the My uncle the priest served as a Chaplin...!

We're loosing a 1,000 WWII Vets a day... and my 90 year old neighbor out survived all his fellow Sailors from his PT Boat..!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  17. Special Ed

Special Ed

Well said. They will ALWAYS be the Greatest Generation. We really have no idea...

18. PK

PK
    from Ohio

From another total stranger please thank your Dad...
    God bless your family,
    PK

19. <HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Thank you to all that served! I cluding my Father (USN) My Uncle Frank (USAAF) and My Uncle Lyle, he was in those Waco gliders too.(101st Airborn, 4 silver stars D-Day and the Battle of the Bulge)

20. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

We owe these Heros a great dept for our freedom.

Nick.

21. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

We can NEVER thank them enough! Bless them all!

[​IMG]

22. My brother in law passed away this week. He was in the Air Force during WW11. He lived to be 88 years old. Married to my sister for 67 years. He was a member of my family longer than I have been. One of the very best men that has ever walked this earth. It was hard growing up to know who was dad are who was brother in law. He assumed the roll of dad when dad was away. Rest in Peace Max Moore. The HAMB guys would have loved your humor.

little brother

23. stlouisgasser

stlouisgasser

When the call went out, they answered without hesitation. That state of mind, is sadly missing from this generation. I was a pallbearer recently for a friend's father who was a war veteran, and to be honest, I didn't even feel worthy to carry this man to his final resting place. I was DEEPLY honored.

24. Thank God for them all.

...how in Hell did we come to this....?

Attached Files:

25. 296ardun

296ardun

these vets were what is great about this country...I had the privilege to lay a wreath at the American cemetary in Tunisia a couple of years ago....rows upon rows of graves, but very few visitors...these were the guys who died in the "Torch" landings that liberated North Africa....was an emotional moment.

26. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

thanks for stooping to such levels as use your personal political biases and fabricated propaganda to diminish this thread...you should be ashamed

27. RichG

RichG

I was thinking it, but tried to go the high road...

We "got to where we are" because people fought and were willing to die for us to have this good life. Keep your political crap and save it for some other thread, or preferably some other site.

(Do you think that's clear enough for 'em Mazooma?)

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  28. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Thank God for them then and thank God for them NOW.

Thank you to every VET in this Great country of ours.
    and to all of our Friends (VETS)around the world THAT stand with us.

Thank You Brothers and Sisters.

C.M.Cassell
    U.S. ARMY
    32nd Signal Corp.
    1969-1974

29. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

well said, beautifully said....

30. Rudy J

Rudy J
    1. Austin HAMB'ers

Amen. . .