Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jolly Green Giant 63 Tempest

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by bigkev56, Mar 16, 2009.

1. bigkev56

bigkev56

My Name Is Kevin Carroll. I Was a Partner With Jim Humokowski With The Jolly Green Giant 63 Tempest. We Raced In The 60s At US30 And Oswego. I Sold The Car In 1976 TO Buy A Wedding Ring. I Would Like To Know If Jim Is Still Around The Chicago Area. I am Currently Building A 56 Chev Blown Gasser For The Street. Good Luck, Kevin carroll (Big Kev)

2. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

3. tromper

tromper

Welcome from Texas!

4. howdy from oregon!

5. axe grinder

axe grinder

Welcome aboard from PA.

6. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Kevin, Hello & Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas.

Lucky667

7. Jettback50

Jettback50

A big Washington, what's up.

8. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Welcome Kevin. Maybe you can find out some info at our Oswego Dragway event in june. There should be alot of old racers out there

9. shuboxracer

shuboxracer

Hi Kevin. Here is a picture from Oswego . I think its the Green Giant. It looks like a 55 Chevy. Was there another car with this name or is this one you guys had also? Hope this helps . Good luck Herman

Attached Files:

10. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Welcome from southern Illinois. Great history...Love to see the old drag racers show up here.

11. Jolly Green Giant

Jolly Green Giant
    from illinois

Hey Kevin, Jim is up in Wisconsin. I will email you later.

12. Hey Kevin. My name is Matthew Humikowski, also known as Butch, Jim's son. Someone just showed me this post. I know it's been awhile since you posted and don't know if you will even see this, but yes, my dad is still alive and living in Wisconsin. I have been trying to locate the car for years with no success. If you do see this post, feel free to try and contact me via email at [email protected] and I can try to get you in contact with my dad. He's not doing too well seeing as how he will be 79 this June. Either way, it was nice to see your post and I hope your marriage has gone well. I currently live in Central Stickney Township, just off of 47th and Central Ave. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you some day. God Bless...

13. Unfortunately, @bigkev56 has not been on the HAMB since 2015.