Register now to get rid of these ads!

jimmy smith art work come to life 28 model a 2 door tub

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32coupedeville, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

sorry about that . that is my dd. i will get some more pics in more hamb friendly back ground.

2. haychrishay

haychrishay

I just got out of church, and thought I had repented for coveting for the day.......guess I was wrong !

3. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i dont care who you are thats funny right there!!!!

4. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

for those who didnt want to see the unsightly ot 4x4 in the back ground here are the latest pics. also have a pic of the neat unknown tractor radiator cap i put on the grille shell. i refitted the hood top and will be sending the hood sides out to get louvered.

Attached Files:

5. haychrishay

haychrishay

You have done a great job on this car and I even like the bug in the background !..........still coveting in Iowa

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

gooood job,you nailed that tub. enjoy

7. Nailed the proportions and details. :)

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Anytime a car gets built that I had something to do with, it's a thrill. This one is even more so, in some respects, because this car is the "every man's hot rod". Like I wrote in the article that accompanied the art....This build is focused more on homespun sensibilities, hard work, an eye for proportion (skewed HAWT ROD proportion...hahaa) and being very stingy with the green stuff. Drew, thanks for building this tub! You done good mang.

Can't wait to see the hood sides....

9. The car looks great! I LOVE the side profile shot taken from the higher vantage point. To me, that sums up the car (The right height + Correct stagger + Perfect proportion).

It'll look even better with the hood sides on and the hood top in color. By the way, is the hood top getting louvered, too? Please say yes.......

Bravo!

10. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

jeem first i have to thank you for drawling such a killer little tub!!! when i first saw it in the r&c mag i just flipped out . [​IMG] this pic was singing my song. everything about your article spoke streight to me. i like building my personal car on the cheap and i like to build off the wall but cool cars. it took me a while to gatere the parts , then to finish a few other projects but i finaly got to the tub. i have been driving the wheels off of it for the last few days now. thx jeem!!!!!

now for the hood . i dont know if i will louver the hood top or not. i am not too much of a fan of louvered hood tops but the hood side will be filled up good. i may go back and louver the hood top after i get the hood sides on and give her a good looking at.

i took the wifey out for a late nite spin in the tub. she asked it it would mess up her hair ( she is not very high maintenance at all ) . i said no i dont think so. lol ! i was cracking up when we got back here hair was all over the place. it was so worth it .

as for the total cost of the built. well i could have saved some money in places but i just had to have the big franklin qc, and i wanted to have a little lumper cam . those added to the total cost but to be honest i could have built this tub for about the cost of a 28/29 brookville roadster body (not including my time or labor). i did go over but not by too much. the tub will be fitted for a tonneau cover tomorrow .

11. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i put the tub on truck scales. it weights 2140 lbs with out my portley self in it.

12. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Killer Job Drew, it just turned out fantastic.

13. custom300

custom300

Looks great Drew hope tosee it in person soon.

14. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

here is the pics of the stitch work.

Attached Files:

15. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Really nice, Drew. Swing through AZ on your way back, you gotta place to stay!

16. daddio211

daddio211

Jimmy is like a proud papa... And he should be! Fantastic work man!

17. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Damn I'm in love!!!!

18. So bitchen! I love the wheel and tire combo.

19. josh highley

josh highley

It looks even better in person!

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Way cool, man.... Looking forward to Bonneville!!

Malcolm

21. LabRat

LabRat

Congrats !! Really happy for the result you have achieved , Gives a yeti like me inspiration ...

22. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

i got the hood back from the louver press ( thx diver dan) . i dont have it on yet. pic of the louvers soon. i will be driving it to the nsra louisville nationals next week. see ya there . the nsra trip will be a good shake down run for it before driving 3/4 of the way across the usa. my dad is putting thfinishing touches on his 32 5w coupe for the bville trip. i can wait. i want to leave now.

jeem thx for the invite !!! we will not be getting that far south on our trip back home. i think we are going to souther colorado to do some site seeing before hitting us50 to head home.

23. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

ok here is a sneak peek of the the hood sides

Attached Files:

24. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Cool. Be careful, have fun! If you can, check out Ouray, Colorado (S.W.), really bitchin' and all the sights around the area.

25. brady1929

brady1929

that hot rod is beautiful

26. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Killer. Head west young man....

27. This little hotrod turned out perfect. This is what I wanna do to my rpu. Change it into a tub so I can have more legroom. When I get to Bonneville I'll give you a shout and look it over. Love to sit in it to see what it is like.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  28. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

curbspeed if you see me a bville hit me up. this tub has alot of leg room. sit in it in see for your self.

jeem that is where we are going . ouray co. we are going to do a jeep tour there and them hit some super scare road that is on top of the mountain . 40 brake dont fail me now!!!!

32csr i heard that there going to rename i80 the OTH for Ohio Tub Highway.there has been so may sighting of ohio tubs on i80!!!!

29. I certainly will and we might even take a few pics together out on the salt. That would be cool. Looking forward to it. see ya in a few days. Good luck on the drive.

30. 32csr

32csr
    from cincinnati

Very true about Ohio Tubs Drew....be careful though I think the Wyoming State Patrol is still looking for one with a #4 on the door....hehe

QUOTE=32coupedeville;8006872]curbspeed if you see me a bville hit me up. this tub has alot of leg room. sit in it in see for your self.

jeem that is where we are going . ouray co. we are going to do a jeep tour there and them hit some super scare road that is on top of the mountain . 40 brake dont fail me now!!!!

32csr i heard that there going to rename i80 the OTH for Ohio Tub Highway.there has been so may sighting of ohio tubs on i80!!!![/QUOTE]