Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jim Hibbs - former KOA president

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John B, Dec 23, 2006.

1. John B

John B

Last night Jim lost his battle with cancer. We've known for a few days now that his time was short but we were praying that he'd be able to hold on for awhile longer. I know that Jim hasn't been the most popular person in the world. But he did try to give back to the custom community. His efforts kept the KOA going till Jeff could take over a few months ago. Jim was a good hearted fellow and he'll be missed by his friends.

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

My condolences...

R-

3. A sad day indeed.I only met Jim several years ago but he seemed to be a true car person and very gracious.Even when he was really hurting he always seemed to have a smile on his face.I shall miss him.

Thank you for posting this John.
    Ray Smith

4. Roothawg

Roothawg

5. Gee when he ordered his last batch of plaques just a couple of months ago, he mentioned he was passing his custodianship of the KOA on to Jeff but he was upbeat about his health. First Paul and then Jim, doesn't seem fair.

RIP Jim

Dennis & Sue

6. teddyp

teddyp

sorry to of his passing rip jim my prays for his people

7. KustomLincolnLady

KustomLincolnLady

John, Thanks for posting this. We just got home from a long day and I was going to make sure someone did.

My Prayers go out to Jims family, especially Joan and Sean, It will make the Holiday so hard for them. I called Joan the other day and left a msg. I asked her not to worry about returning the call, I know she's had hundreds. But I was told she did get the msg, and hopefully got to pass it to Jim also.

Rob and I will treasure the fun time we had in San Fransisco last Jan with them. Joan wasn't going to attend and I hounded Jim until she went also. What a fun time.

I know he's in a better place, he had been pretty sick for a long time, and I know his quality of life was not the best.

God speed Jim, we will sure miss you!
    Rob and Debb

8. Sorry to hear of Jim's passing. My sympathy to his family. E

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My condolences to Jim's family and friends. I have wonderful memories of the few times that I was around Jim. I swear I've never laughed so hard as the day a number of KOA officals dressed in my womens hand painted clothing and did an impromptu fashion show at one of the KOA events in KY. Jim was standing there with his wife watching the "show" and laughing so hard he was buckled over and crying. I didn't know what was funnier, the guys in drag or Jim laughing hesterically. Good times for sure. He will be missed by many.:(

RIP

10. John B

John B

I want to thank everyone for the thoughts and well wishes. I haven't heard anything on the arrangements yet,but as soon as I do I will post it here.

11. My condolences for Jim's family. He was my first contact with KOA. I have met some good friends because of him. RIP Jim......

12. John B

John B

Here are the arrangements for Jim Hibbs.

Jim will be at

Spring Hill Funeral Home & Cemetary
    5106 Gallatin Pike
    Nashville,Tn. 37216

(615) 865-9726

Visitation - Tuesday Dec 26. 2PM till 8PM

Funeral - Wed. Dec. 27 @ 10AM

13. Many great times in Pidgeon Forge, We will miss you my friend.
    Rest in Peace.

14. ratster

ratster

Rest in Peace my friend.

15. TINGLER

TINGLER

I met Jim a couple times back when I was airbrushing at car shows.

He always seemed nice to me.

RIP Jim.

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

He will cruise in heaven.