Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jim Brierley's 4-Bangers! And Me!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnneilson, Aug 17, 2014.

1. While this is not for everyone, those of us who enjoy the Model A/B 4 banger motors racing and experimenting.
    Should we lobby for Jim to write the second book? or find another way to "inspire" him??

With the recent passing of a few who knew these motors quite well this knowledge and experience is going to disappear.
    Maybe he could just put together a scrapbook of notes and sketches from Iandola and others.

Jim is very modest, almost shy, but do not think for a moment he misses anything or hasn't tried it!

I am probably going to pay dearly for this..............John

gwhite likes this.
  2. RussTee

RussTee

You will pay!!! but I like the idea of a scrapbook of ideas and sketches from the late greats.

colinsmithson likes this.
  3. How I wish an ex wife hadn't made my albums of pics disappear. I grew up in Riverside, Ca. Ran a banger with a buddy at the old Colton drag strip in the 50's. Even made a few runs at Fontana. Over those years I met and talked with many of the old 4 banger greats. My high school ride was a 28 Sport Coupe with a Fargo 4 port converted B. In the early days of the Chevy V8's, there wasn't one of them that could take me stop light to stop light. Many of those old timers with tons of banger knowledge are gone. Even my racing buddy is gone. Probably won't be too long before I'm gone too. My hope is that the love of bangers will live on through the teachings of us old goats who grew up with them.

4. I'll buy one!

gwhite likes this.

5. Jim is a master - and a helluva nice guy! Gave me great info on setting up my A 'banger...I'm proud to run his Winfield 1R grind!!

colinsmithson likes this.
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

sounds like a plan- this is supposed to go in my roadster and all the info I can get will help.

Attached Files:

gwhite likes this.
  7. Dustyp489

Dustyp489

Count me in ! I have had Jim on the phone went I fired mine up . he has been a lot of help in my build .

8. colinsmithson

colinsmithson

Jim is top in my book I have corresponded with Jim many times of the years he freely gives his time and knowledge and is just a great guy
    I use Jims cams because they work how Jim said they would
    Jims book is just a great read and very well written
    I want to read every word Jim will write they are just like gold
    Colin in Australia

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  9. RussTee

RussTee

Even Jim has had some health problems in recent times we are loseing knowledge I like the idea of a banger scrapbook idea just little gems of information to pass onfor the future mybe even a seperate thread here we could call it banger gems things like heavy flywheels and high compression heads dont go together also when was the last time you saw a double overhead cam head on a working banger motor or are they all sitting in collections now? A modern day Clymer type publication for future banger guys?