Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jim A to the white phone

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boones, Mar 12, 2004.

1. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Jim, just got the new issue and man all I can say after looking at it is you need to get on your other photographers or attend the events yourself. Your style vs others is noticeable in the coverage. You are willing to show HAMB style cars (including unfinished/primered rides). The Charlotte coverage was disappointing as there were so many cool cars that did not get coverage including some of the unfinished/ primered rides. You need to beat on your freelance guys and let them know there is more then just shiny paint out there,,, Maybe its just me but I wanted to pass along that I miss your style of shooting vs others.

P.S. did you get the mag in the mail...

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

3. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

JimA is probably in Bakersfield for the GG's vintage drag races this weekend...yo mite watn to kick it BTT on Monday...
    R-

4. Hey, sorry this one fell off the page before I saw it. Yep, I know what you mean- but I will only be missed AFTER I leave the Gazette. You are only like the second person to acknowledge that I stuff a ton of traditional stuff in there every month, but if no one appreciates it what does it matter? I don't suppose the Gazette will ever be looked upon as a "source of traditional information", but after I'm gone a couple people like you might miss it. Yes I got the mag, thank you very much!

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

well since you are not heading to FL I decided to pass on the show this year.... you make it sound like you may be leaving... Hope not...

6. BELLM

BELLM

Just for the record I really enjoy the Gazette. Your column this month was good. Definitely seems to be a lack of courtesy & manners in the world today. Also saw Jimmy Smith's rendering of your project in Classic Trucks last night, bitchin!

7. Jim are you leading us to belive you may not be at the Helm of the gazzette in the future? I for one think you do a good job. And actually cater to everyones tastes. There has to be something for everyone.

BTW the Goodguys Rep "JAKE" gave me a complimentary entry to the nats in Columbus. I think he like the 40 ALOT [​IMG] I hope to see ya there.

8. No, I don't have any immediate plans of making a move, but I do get frustrated that the general opinion of my magazine goes back 5 years or more- long before I was here doing my thing. Back then it was ALL black & white and packed with billet rods from one end to the other. Definitely not the case today. Thanks Jim

9. Germ

Germ

Send me one JIMHOMO,
    I need something to READ that doesn't CONTAIN fat rockerbilly PIGS in a CHERRY SKIRT BLANKET,,,,

Something with HOT RODS and CUSTOM, and MINUS 50's bee-bop..

the "REAL" SINNERS,,

Put the SWITCHBLADES BACK into BEATING DOWN NEW WAVE FAGS,,,, and DRINKING PISS

10. I don't have your "super secret" address. Drop me a note.

11. MilesM

MilesM

I would add "good job" also on the Gazzette.

12. The HAMB inspires so many different things, including what I do with my writing and picture taking. I try not to bring my work here because certain people don't appreciate it, but I thought I would share the editorial that this post inspired me to write. Thanks Jim

It’s Been Fun!
    June 04

Something magazine guys often do not get the opportunity to do is say "goodbye". The nature of the business is such that once a writer has decided to vacate his position (or it has been "decided" for him) the result is hardly ever given a mention and eventually someone else takes over and never says a word about the "last guy".
    I feel especially lucky to have the good fortune to let you all know how much fun I’ve had in my tenure running the helm of the Goodguys Goodtimes Gazette. During my time in the editor’s chair I’ve seen many changes and improvements, none of them without extreme costs. I’ve driven my co-workers crazy with my own work habits and often endless demands I’ve made to make the Gazette my ultimate vision of the "perfect" rodding magazine.
    Another thing I feel especially lucky to have been a part of has been the many different Goodguys events all across the country and meeting all the wonderful people that make these events what they are. I’ve grown to feel that many of the people I’ve met are very much like family and the Goodguys events always have a "family reunion" feel. This may sound strange if you haven’t yet experienced it, but if you have you know exactly what I mean!
    I would be extremely remiss if I did not mention all the great rods, customs, trucks, classics and muscle cars my travels have allowed me to experience. Just when you think you’ve seen them all, the next event is an entirely new rainbow of the greatest machines you have ever seen! To say I’ve been the proverbial "kid in a candy store" is a gross understatement!
    But if I really have to say what I will miss the most it will be the family that is the Goodguys employees. What this group of approximately 30 people accomplish day to day is truly phenomenal! It’s beyond normal comprehension as to what actually goes into running the world’s largest rod and custom association. The events, the drag races, the promotion, the merchandise and so much more are run and produced by about the same amount of people in your high school math class!
    So it is with great pride and a very big honor for me to tell everyone thank you for allowing me to be a part of all this and be a part of your lives for the last couple years. But the REALLY good news is that as of today I have absolutely no plans of going anywhere and I look forward to filling this position for a long time to come. I just wanted the opportunity to say what normally never gets to be said. Gotcha! "They" always say, "no one misses you until you are gone", so did you miss me for a minute?

Yep, once again shamless promotion poluting an otherwise pristine HAMB. [​IMG]

13. BELLM

BELLM

Should have been your editorial for the April issue. So what engine are you going to run in that truck? [​IMG]