Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jet 3 in 1 shear, brake ,roll

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37fordtruck, Jul 16, 2008.

1. 37fordtruck

37fordtruck

I have a chance to get one of these that is brand new for less than $300. It is the 30 inch model that will do 20 gauge and thinner. Who has one and what are your comments good or bad.

2. Chuck-o-saurus

Chuck-o-saurus

If you are doing any significant sheet metal work, get it. You can burn up $300 in time real fast messing around with crap that doesn't work. And the frustration. Nothing beats having the right tools and equipment.

3. jimmyv

jimmyv

I've got a 40". The slip roll works great. Brake works ok on 18ga but not great. Shear sucks on pretty much anything.

4. NOTCH

NOTCH

Its Garbage. I had one for a bit and gave it away....

5. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

absolute crap, I had one and left it behind at old employers because it wasnt worth the effort to load it in the truck.

Roller rolls the end and not the middle, the brake will leave teeth marks in anything you put in it, and the shear makes a better brake than the brake

6. Pretty much my thoughts too, like JimmyV says.

Biggest problem most guys have, they exceed the limitations then bitch how it doesn't work.

7. 37fordtruck

37fordtruck

Thanks for the information. Does anyone know if the shears performance is dependant on how well it is set up. I remember reading shomwhere that the set up was key to the performance. I was hoping the Jet brand was better than the other stuff coming out of china.

8. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

we have one th roller works ok for thin metal and round bar. the brake doesn't bend a 90 and the shear doesn't work at all

9. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

Stay away,Stay away,
    if you want your stuff to be something your proud of !!!!!!

10. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I have one and it has been modified to the post on the metalmeet web page and it work pretty good on 22ga and less. And excellant for the money spent.

11. Nitrofan

Nitrofan
    from Kentucky

It cost more money but, you would be happier buying machines that are design for one task. It's the old saying " you get what you pay for".