Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Jeff Bradshaw walks through a hoard for sale

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by captainjunk#2, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phat rat

phat rat

In a regular auction I can't agree the scrap man has deeper pockets. What I see is other bidders being too cheap to better him in biding. If you aren't willing to go above scrap prices for something you want you are out of line pissing and moaning that something went for scrap. Oldwolf I understand what you mean about making sure parts are not usable when you scrap them, I've done the same. If their too damn cheap to buy them when I have them at a decent price then they damn sure aren't going to get them if I send them for scrap

The37Kid likes this.
  2. 5window

5window

Try as I might, I can't see this attitude as anything but selfish. And, if truly nobody will buy your parts at a "decent price" then I would have to assume the price isn't really decent. Your parts/your game, but I'd rather be with the group that pays it forward or give it away just to help another fellow along. JMTC.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  3. phat rat

phat rat

I bought a bunch of 30's and 40's sheet metal at a junk yard going out of business auction and ended up selling most of it for half of what I paid. I had some 41 Ford frt fenders, a rust free set of 24 T cpe 1/4's and some early 20's T cowl tops that no one would buy even at give away prices. So after carrying them for a while they went to scrap. If you don't want to step up fine. I don't spend the time and money to make my western trips to give stuff away for free. I must not be pricing stuff to high for someone who wants it as I've sold parts all over the world and bodies all over the U.S. Some that I've bought out west even sold to western buyers. Paying forward is fine I've been both recipient and forwarder but when I'm at a swap meet to sell I'll make someone a great deal to get rid of an item but just giving it away to joeblow NO.

4. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

This thread has deteriorated into a bunch of useless BS.
    Hopefully a moderator will either close it or delete it altogether.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.