Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest JASPER Authentic Custom Drivetrains Division

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigcheese327, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I saw my first reference to these folks this morning. Kind of an interesting deal. Anyone tried them out and have feedback? I did some searching and didn't find any old threads on this topic.

2. Have not used that aspect of their products,but have bought a few engines they rebuilt....Good stuff at a decent price....
    last one I bought I called a number my parts store gave me and ordered specific block and head cast numbers and chose my cam etc ended up with a 350horsepower 327 rebuilt with some warranty!

3. At the time all there engines were overbores with surfaced heads mainly and had a bit more punch as a result....if you want an all new engine a crate motor is probably more for you and get that wallet out and pay a lot more.... ....

4. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I'm not in the market for an engine at all right now, but the press release I read was accompanied by a picture of a stock '50s Nailhead - a far cry from your typical crate engine.

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Our car club took a tour of the Jasper Indiana facility and went thru the old engine restro shop. Looked pretty good they had a ton of old engines in there and most of the workers were old guys ( a good sign in my old thinking) . I guess if you think about it theres got to be a demand for this service.

If you dont know who sky king and the lone ranger was you shouldnt be building flatheads etc.......

6. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Funny story about that: The other day I was at lunch with my partners who all range from 50 to 60. The oldest partner referenced "Sky King", and I (31) was the only one who got it.

Which is not to say I have any business building a flathead, however. :D

7. rld14

rld14

Odd,

I called them the other day to see what they would charge to rebuild a Lincoln 430. It was over $8,000. Even assuming custom made Wiseco pistons the parts to rebuild an MEL aren't exceeding $3k. I can't see $5k in machine work and labor though.

8. Abomination

Abomination