Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Showdown Invitational July 28th

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scarylarry, May 26, 2012.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Fill me in...you're coming to Detroit this weekend for?????

2. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

Fuckin A. We’ll be coming round the mountain.
    Slim

3. That sucks, I assume your still coming up without the car?

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

5. rld14

rld14

Blew out a damn tire on Monday... As long as they come by Friday I can make it...... Fingers crossed.

Denise, you bringing big olds?

6. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

48 more hrs and I'll be there! (or at least in the area) rain or shine!!!
    Gotta swing down thru Md to pick up Ranunculous---Co pilot

Is the concession stand going to have breakfast on Sat,or is just the Beef guy going to be there,and will he have beef on Fri evening??????

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  7. Plowboy

Plowboy

I am heading out tomorrow (Thursday) morning. I look forward to some spooning time with Larry, Junior, and Clark.....

8. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Who all is staying at the Econo lodge on Fri nite?---Might have to have a parking lot party!!-----or someone told me about a mi from there Moes is a good place to go???Maybe Homer Simpsom hangs out there lol:eek:

9. scarylarry

scarylarry

Thanks to all our rain or shine support. Remember, if it wasn't for the rain you just might not know about our show! I'll have update stuff on show stuff this evening...a few things will be different...nothing huge.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Nope, my trusty new wagon again and I'm hoping to fill him up with lots of old flathead heads and old headlight buckets that I can use as hanging flower pots. ;):D

11. '52 F-3

'52 F-3

I'm planning on getting there friday night, will be bringing trailer with some stuff for a vendor spot (i know it's first come.....) And my '39 Plymouth RPU w/invite.

think i'm gonna have to leave work early on friday :D, thanks Larry

12. DaveZ

DaveZ

I put wipers on my car for a reason and it wasn't looks. I will be there rain or shine. Might just take a little longer if it is raining when I leave. Can't wait.

13. scarylarry

scarylarry

O.K. let’s try to really confuse everyone! This is “a” Showdown, it’s not “The” Showdown so I have a couple changes that we hope will make everything smooth for this event because of the vintage race car track time.

PARKING: First there will be NO camping along the creek across the bridge & in the small area where everyone comes in off the road. I want the cars to be first so all the area in bright green will be hot rods that did not get an invite to the infield (which is most). I still want this to be about the cars & want everyone that drive to the show to feel like they are part of it. Because of track time we can not park anyone around the outside of the track like we normally do...sorry.

INVITED CARS, VINTAGE RACE CARS & VENDORS all will enter at the regular track entrance at turn 4. PLEASE invited car owners bring the paper/email with your invite info on it. This will save a lot of time. Vendors will be parked in the usual area first come first served. Invited car will follow the red arrow on the map. Cross the track into the pit area then into the infield area through the gate behind the band stand. Race cars rith to the pits, unload then park your rig in the field behind the workshop. All other hot rods will fill in the green areas working out from the track side to the camping grove. If your car is super low PLEASE enter through the spectator entrance so you dont tear off you oil pan/brake line/whatever crossing the bridge. The parking crew will let you up to the hot rod parking area from either direction.

HOT RODS & RACE CARS FOR TRACK TIME Only invited hot rods will be able to run track time with the vintage racers. Everyone pays $10 each to get into the show, no other pit fees. EVERYONE wanting to run track time will need to sign the release & get a separate wristband at the table in the pits after 10 A.M. ONLY VINTAGE RACERS & ACCOMPANYING PERSONNEL ALLOWED in pits during track time!
    Drivers Meeting 11:30 Hot Rods will run first after the meeting & again last after vintage race cars finish their time. Hot Rod Track Rules Strictly Enforced!! Remember everyone will be on the track at the same time & there will be flagmen on each corner. 1) Only 1 person in the car. 2) Driver WILL wear either a full face helmet or helmet & goggles. The stones off this track will bust you & your car up!! 3) Driver WILL wear long pants & long shirt or jacket & real shoes...no sandals or other open toe shoes. 4) Car WILL have a seat belt that driver WILL use. 5) Watch for cars around you & follow flag man’s directions. 6) 40 mph strictly enforced
    Hot rods will enter the track through the fence gate between turns 1 & 2, (blue arrows on map)enter the track at turn 2. Then you will come off the track as we always have into the pits & back to the infield through the same gate behind the band stand.

The gates will be closed a little longer than we normally close them at the Showdown during track time. Settle in & watch the cars! I know it seems like a lot of rules & new stuff but the real track time makes a giant difference with insurance. I may also make a quick round in the morning if we have extra room on the infield, so if you have a traditionally styled hot rod or custom check back for an invite to the infield in the morning. We may be able to sneak you in! Let’s have fun with this one time deal & as always thanks for the support of the Eastern Museum of Motor Racing.

Let the questions fly!

[​IMG]

14. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Well let me break the ice for questions.

I know you can't post the drivers meeting on here now and that's where we will learn what we need to hit the track. But are we talking about side by side packed action? Just need to know if I should put the nerf bars on.................

Might have to change and bring the wifes 55 up. It needs painted anyway..............lol

15. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

The only invite I have is the paper you put in my car at the showdown with a number on it---no e-mail. Is that paper all I need?

16. scarylarry

scarylarry

yup

17. scarylarry

scarylarry

Please bring the car we invited...kinda the point of the show! I will be paying attention! Yes it will be everyone at once & yes your shit will get beat up with stones. Could also be rough on windshields!!

18. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Hmmm---think I'll be a candy ass spectator :eek:

19. scarylarry

scarylarry

Watch the first round & decide if you want to do the second.

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Only kidding about bringing the wifes car to beat up. The next thing to get beat up would be me.......................
    [​IMG]

Was just kidding about the nerf bars and switching...........

Major thanks again for the extra Showdown and all you've done to make it happen ! ! ! ! ! !

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So those of use that normally camp PAST the entrance to the infield (next to ScottyTown), can we still camp there??

22. larry, can i come down tomorrow(fri) around 11:00 or 12:00 noon and get in for a swapmeet space like i normally do ?? thanks,tom

23. scarylarry

scarylarry

No changes there!

24. scarylarry

scarylarry

Yes, we may or may not be quite ready by then.

25. Larry: I can see now why you are only doing one of these.

26. 30 pickup

30 pickup

Larry: I'll be coming in on Friuday afternoon with 37' motorhome and trailer do I go up on the hill to set up?

27. ok larry, i will be down sometime after lunch. if you need a hand with anything when i get there just let me know. great job.........stay cool and see ya tomorrow.tom

28. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

If it's pouring cats and dogs Friday night can I sleep with you?? :D

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Packed up the coupe this am, it's raining like hell...thank god for rainx... heading toward the commonwealth of PA after work, see you folks on fri!

30. He's not lying... Nothing like changing an oil pan at 6:30am after a 1/2 gallon of Jim Beam the night before!!! Needless to say I opted for a steel pan rather than the cool finned aluminum one like I had before!