Register now to get rid of these ads!

I've always been this smart . . .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fiddytree, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

OK, I haven't always been this smart, nor this good looking (ladies, line forms to the right!) but . . . .

I set myself (the car actually) on fire last winter - I've got no room to talk. This is from another list - the guy is just so nice and always polite. He'll never be on the F1 pit crew . . .

"
    After one year in the shop my engine has roared back to life . The <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
    only problem now is when you stand behind her ,she smells like fuel and the <o:p></o:p>
    exhaust burns your eyes. <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    I timed the engine to the mark on the wheel . She is running very rich . <o:p></o:p>
    No adjustments were made to the carb since it was in the shop . <o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>
    Which way is lean when you turn the distributor . Is lean when you hear the <o:p></o:p>
    engine rpm get slower or faster ?"<o:p></o:p>

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

lean is in the carb not the distributor, now timing can effect how she runs and cause some issues. But I'd really make friends with someone that can walk you through timing it then tuning the carb.

3. Troyz

Troyz

what size motor and what size carb? zman is correct: "I'd really make friends with someone that can walk you through timing it then tuning the carb" or if you have to pay a little. I bet your oil is going from clean to black really fast as well. Too much fuel can screw up an engine. good luck.

4. Fiddytree

Fiddytree
    from Durango

Haha. you guys are phunny.

This was a post i read, not my question . . .

5. 50stude p/u

50stude p/u

Well in that case thats pretty damn funny!