Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's Sunday - MODEL TIME

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gowjobs, Feb 5, 2006.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Inspired by Jeff Allison's TRJ logo http://www.jeffallisondesign.com/10TH-3B.JPG, I've started to put together this 1/16 '57 T-bird. Could compete as a "Sports Car" at the drags in the early sixties, but would be relegated to the Altered classes by '68.

I could go buy a resin SOHC 427, but I think I prefer a Hi-Rise 427 FE, or perhaps I'll change the optional weber manifold into a Hilborn fuel injection setup. I found by swapping the Cobra headers side-for-side, I can get them to exit at the fenderwell, rather than just in front of the doors. Front spindle-mounts are Competition resin - rear slicks are from Perry's, but I may substitute rubber ones from a Revell FED kit instead. Front tires are GMP 1/18 sprint car fronts.

Dave

2. PrimeEvil

PrimeEvil
    from N Utah

Now that looks like a fun project.There was a Tbird at a few shows around here last year named "WarBird" that was a gasser.Had the look going!

3. CJ Hilton

CJ Hilton

Here's one I'm working on, I bought 2 of the 1/18th scale 50 Ford Crestliners by Presicion Miniatures, one I'm keeping stock the other I'm reworking to make a model of my real 50 Tudor. The other is a amt 1/25th scale 49 shoebox with a trailer I been working on and off again for the past year or so.
    CJ

Attached Files:

4. gowjobs

gowjobs

I need to get over my diecastphobias and do some 1:18 projects. There are some subjects that we're just never going to see in plastic.

That trailer is something else. I look forward to seeing it with some paint on it.

Dave

5. Chad s

Chad s

Oh CJ, the rants on your webpage are something else!

6. Bugman

Bugman

I've got a question about diecasts. If you cut one up for customizing and then solder/braze/weld it back together? Is there a way to get a metal to metal joint as opposed to gluing? Like if I wanted to chop a diecast, could i braze the pillars back together, and braze it patch panels then finish it with bondo like a "real" car? Just curious.

7. What size diecast are you talkin here? Not that it really matters :) Anyway, the best thing to use is a two part epoxy called JB Weld..Bonds to metal, hardens like metal and works like metal...Pretty good stuff. Alternatively, if you're customising 1/64 scale Hotwheels and stuff, I just super glue them, then fill full of bondo and shape. They hold up pretty good. Anyhting bigger and I would JB weld em :)

Paul

8. Bugman

Bugman

I was thinkin 1:18, so JB weld it is. Thanks:)