Register now to get rid of these ads!

Its official HAMBANDY is a hot rodder

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by movingviolation, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Get the list up,so I can see if I have anything I can send you guys. Not gonna miss the chance to help out a future HAMBer! Keep smiling Andy!

2. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

what he said!:)

3. Barz51

Barz51

I'll switch the tops over tonight and I'll send them out in the morning.

4. Barz51

Barz51

O.K. Fellas, that is not going to work as the top of #4 does not fit on #1. However #2 does have an extended throttle shaft and the top does match #1. They are both the truck style I think. Will they work?

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Ok I'm gonna need two rebuild kit`s and two 3.5 power valves.
    do we have any alliance vendors I can buy these from ? or would like to donate ? or is speedway still the best source.

6. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

I beg to differ with you Bars, all those tops are interchangable. Trust me, just send him what I mentioned and he will have what he needs. I am also going to send him the rebuild kits and new 3.5 power valves. And that last carb is for a lincoln, not a VW.
    The Dickster

7. If he needs an alternator and a flathead adapter for it, let me know...

8. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

not sure what all has been offered and i have'nt followed this whole deal very closely but i know the gist of what is going on. i think it is absolutely AMAZING what all of you are doing for this kid. i'd be willing to do any work on the car if it is or can be anywhere near me. chop, channel, patches, floor, chassis work. whatever, i can and would be more than happy to do it. if ya need any louvers punched in anything for it i can do that aswell. i don't have much int he way of spare parts or cash at this point but i sure would love to help the kid out. good for the soul ya know. you all are AMAZING people for what your doing for this kid. i'm proud to call myself a member of the same group as you fellas.... sombody call Chip Foose. i know he would love to get on board with something like this. that man has a big heart too.

9. movingviolation

movingviolation

List is up of what is donated........

As for the rest of the parts, i guess we will just add as it gets donated. So if ya dont see it.................

And as for Foose................feel free to call, old skool foose would be kinda kool:)

Leon

And Andy and Chris just stopped in for a few.........Andy is loosing his mind over this, and Chris is just speachless.

10. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

dickster you da man ! that was me making a joke about communist car`s , I have seen alot of those 4 bolt Holley's on vw`s .
    right here on the hamb theres way more info here then you wanna know? hahaha......
    and ya don`t need the long shaft`s unless your using progressive linkage and ya don`t need it for two.
    make the ball linkage on the bottom the same and the top`s for the air cleaners the same . that will make it the simplest.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Leon...We'll get this done.
    I'm there to help in any way. :D
    A simple and effective build plan is needed.

Those A sedans are badass Andy and a flattie just brings it over the edge!

12. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey Bill...............long time buddy.

Lets hook up and make the plans happen.................say over ........Tim Hortens coffee?

Leon

13. movingviolation

movingviolation

Andy came over to express his thanks to you guys for all you have done for him.

I almost forgot to get a pic, so i ran out into the driveway and snapped one....sorry not great..........brain needs a boost

[​IMG]

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  14. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Trust me, I'm not a 'project killer'. I just know from experience that HAMBers tend not to read all of long threads, (or short threads for that matter!) like this and the next thing you know there's four guys wanting to donate the same part and that's just not very practical or productive. All I was suggesting was that we give Leon and the Mods a chance to get a list stuck that everyone can see without having to read through as of right now 75 posts.

Leon and the Mods have already done this so let the newly informed give until it hurts.

Vance

15. bluestang67

bluestang67

Newbie and been here a few hours reading . If this is what HAMB is about im in . What i've read is a World of friends coming together for another .

Doc may God bless you and all for the dream come true and the contributions for Andy .

Andy this is what the world is really made of and hope you can't wait to sit in the seat . This happens to me too when i open garage door .

Couple pics of what yours may be in a short time .

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  16. bulletnose

bulletnose

This is freakin' alright.
    Just chimed in from been away forever and caught this story in progress. I too have a young Andrew of 12 yrs. and this really hit home. I have some things laying around the place that I could donate.
    What one needs to know is, what Andy doesn't need for his project.
    KNOW IT ALL thread or a sticky, listing all parts already accumulated should be started, this way we'll all know what not to send and preventing parts doubling up.

I have a set of new plug wires, still in box, not cut, to spark his engine. Does he need these ?

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

18. I sure like what everyone is doing for Andy! My wife and I both work in the medical field, people with illness do need this kind of love and caring support. Can anyone at H.A.M.B. get Andy his own timing tag, thus removing the FNG status. I know he would really appreciate this. I will be contributing a little cash to the cause via PayPal, as soon as I load some $ into the account. God Bless.[​IMG]