Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs It's great to be alive

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by IROC100, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Budget36

Budget36

Good for you my man, wishing you best continued health!

2. Wishing you the best!!

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Glad you're OK and able to get out in the garage. Use your jacks, cherry picker, and other technical advantages, and have buddies help you lift heavy stuff. I've got a large ascending arotic aneurysm that is secondary to bicuspid aortic valve, discovered 7 years ago, it's not getting any larger. Stay healthy.

Stogy and mgtstumpy like this.
  4. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

Great news IROC100, sounds like you dodged a bullet there my friend.

Me to "flynbrian48" but mine has just been discovered so I am still having tests and regular scans to see if it is stable or getting larger, I'm at 40mm which they say is kind of half way to no where...

Nobody told me this shit was contagious.

Best wishes to all my fellow HAMB'ers suffering from aneurysm's and any other debilitating health issues

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    Stogy likes this.
  5. southcross2631

southcross2631

Great news ! Had a scary moment a few weeks ago when my friend fell out when we were at a machine shop. He was out before he hit the floor. Called an ambulance and got him to the hospital. The doctors said he got overheated and his heart went into AFib. Scared the heck out of me when he hit the floor right at my feet on top of an engine stand and busted his head open.

Stogy likes this.
  6. I had my big heart attack just a year ago at age 61. Wasn't feeling well, drove to the ER and walked in. Coded as they took my BP, woke me up 5 days later and I had this nifty big scar and lots of little ones. Took 3 months off from work, went back after New Years 2017. Saw my heart doctor the other day, all is well, adjusted some medicines and wants me to lose weight. By January I was working on the car, drove it soon after.

pat59 likes this.
  7. good to hear that you are among us survivors. Now easy does it but still have fun & git er dun

Stogy likes this.
  8. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Life and it's precious best...what can you say...a continued steady recovery and good health to you and the others.

Good on you others who have helped or gotten help for those whose lives were in jepardy.

9. town sedan

town sedan

CONGRATULATIONS!
    -Dave

10. mike bowling

mike bowling

Glad you're back in the saddle, Pardner!
    Easy does it!
    I still think I'm bullet proof, till I get down on the floor and have to pull myself back up! Always seems like a good time for a nap.

Old wolf likes this.
  11. My brother had a aorita rupture and they had to do a 7 hour surgery. He like you is lucky to be alive. My wife and I check our blood pressure every day. I used to have to regularly take pills. I was driving truck and weighed 240 now Im playing with my hoard and weigh about 176. And hardly ever have any high blood pressure. When we get our age. Im 66. We need to check our blood pressure regularly. Don't overdo it. Enjoy life and don't give what others want or think free rent in your head. Ive been trying to eat healthier. The main thing that helped me to lose weight and keep it off was not eating anything after 5 PM.

34toddster and beebing like this.
  12. I know a guy that wasn't feeling well. left work and drove to a clinic. They immediately took him to surgery and installed 4 stints. His wife thought he was at work and he was having sugery! The doctors couldnr believe he drove there. Told him he had more than 90% blockage?

13. George Klass

George Klass
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Growing old is a privilege denied to many. Take care of your self and grow older...

14. Glad to hear that you are doing well. I was found to have an extremely large (6.3) Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm back in March, lucky for me it didn't rupture. Got through surgery and was finally released by doctor to resume normal activity in August. I am still trying to figure out what "normal activity" is for a 69 year old!

34toddster likes this.
  15. Kinky6

Kinky6

Good to hear you're still with us. I suffered a massive and complex health collapse in May of 2016, still laid up, hope to be walking around sometime next year. K6

34toddster likes this.
  16. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

Glad your well. And have fun working on your car. Take it easy. Bob.......

17. Good news - glad to hear your better and able to get back at it. Thankfully mine wasn't as bad....it was the late night tamales that got me.....

18. from someone who has kept the doctors in Rolls Royces for many years, good to hear you're on the mend.
    I am still bandaged up from my last visit!
    "Wrench slowly and cautiously , and leave the heavy lifting to the young punks."- Ancient Chinese Proverb