Register now to get rid of these ads!

It's Alive!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Little_E, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Little_E

Little_E

I am very excited to say that I fired up my 58 Edesl for the first time weekend. This marks the first time in over 20 years its ran, and it marks my first major step for my first project car! I must say that we (myself and everyone who helped) must have done something right, she starts right up and purrs like a kitten.

But along with the good comes the bad. . . we had a few minor leaks that we solved (no biggie), but the biggest pain is that the seal for the intake manifold is leaking oil out the back (dad says he probably knocked the gasket off center putting the manifold on since it weighs like 100lbs). Also, the shifter motor for the "teletouch" transmission isn't getting any juice. But, nothing we can't solve, just have to find the time to round up my help and get it done.

2. congrats on starting your car.

3. Good luck with the Tele-Touch. Even Ford gave up on them. It's usually the solenoids. The insulating material used in those days was inadequate.
    There are dealer service bulletins on the subject.
    I wish you well. It will be a feather in your cap to have that operating correctly.

4. John B

John B

Congratulations on the achievement. Being able to hear it run is a good boost and incentive to get the rest of it done.

5. chromedRAT

chromedRAT

is the unit itself not getting any juice, or is there juice to it, but nothing happening? it'd be swell if it was a mucked up wire or etc, or a bad fuze instead of a crapped out solenoid. might wanna be talking to your far north edsel connection on that one... maybe we can throw some time at it this weekend, given your wonderful government holiday. shit, i don't teach friday, maybe we can go nuts on it then. s'posed to be nice-ish anyways.

6. Little_E

Little_E

couldn't draw any juice off of the wires leading into it . . . so I'm hoping its just wiring. maybe a mouse got a hold of it or something?!?!?