Register now to get rid of these ads!

It was stuck now it's unstuck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crashfarmer, Oct 21, 2012.

1. That's what I use now. Pour it into stuck cylinders and bingo bango they free up pretty quick.

Two pieces of advise:
    1. Make sure you clean up all of the coke after. Otherwise, everything ends up sticky. Didn't realize that I'd splattered coke on my engine hoist, and a month later, I found out how sticky old coke can get.
    2. Use 'fresh' coke, not flat coke.

2. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

Good ideas on getting it unstuck! Keep us posted on your progress man!
    J

3. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

Obviously the problem is It doesnt have a 350 + t350 like 9 out of 10 rigs on here seem to have...

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Right. The dickhead has no history posted, but always has something to say...

5. marty1835

marty1835
    from webster ny

also works to put a floor jack under the breaker bar and put pressure up on it. Worked great on a 1925 Davis that hasnt ran in about a gazzillion years.

6. boooooob

boooooob

Acetone will make the trans fluid very very thin.......

Don't think acetone alone does much with rust actually (not in my using, but it will remove all petro lube not sure about silicone or teflon) (muriatic acid does, but it keeps eating and will pit everything until it is neutralized dont use in an engine ) I think acetone alone will probably make rust worse if not treated quickly after cleaning, but it is a super solvent it will thin/remove grease, oil and adhesive.. etc., melt some plastics, ruin some types of paint...it evaporates very quickly (vapors are very elplosive):eek:....makes you high when using, and probably causes cancer in California mice:p:(:eek::D

As far as Coke soda (I assume it is not diet), what happens to all the sugar and syrup........after the acid effect is gone, sounds like a bad idea :confused::eek:

I think MMO is similar to acetone/trans, what about liquid wrench, or diesel.....

boooooob:D