Register now to get rid of these ads!

It was like flying... (Lots of Pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JeffreyJames, Jun 20, 2008.

1. moparmonkey

moparmonkey
    from NorCal

Awesome pictures! Looks like a blast.

I took a ride on the last flying B-24 a few years ago now, just incredible. Well worth the price of admission. I'd love to fly in one of the old fighters, has to be just amazing.

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

3. mx6262

mx6262

Bro That looks like so much fun!!!!!\\

Thanks for sharing the picks.....;)

4. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

5. Death From Above-get that bin laden bastard.

6. odins701

odins701

after looking at those pics i'm almost in tears!! Had to sell my plane last weekend to keep the business going and every one with a job a bit longer. :(
    sniff, sniff. but i'm hanging in there. maybe beable to replace it in a couple of years.

7. Big Nick

Big Nick

8. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm TOTALLY envious!!! AWESOME JJ! Thanks for sharin' man! I've always wanted to do that!

9. Man thats really cool.

10. big creep

big creep

lucky fucker is all i can say! and good call on picking a prop plane! jet are rad, but the props just have too much history in my book!

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Way cool post. Nothing can compare to a ride in one of the old timers. I finally got the chance to somewhat experience what my dad did bombing Germany and Japan in WWII when I took a ride in the 909 B-17 a few years ago. I'll never forget standing between the pilot and copilot and looking out over the landscape below while those 4 ancient radials churned away just a few feet to the left and right. Thanks for recording the event with the pictures you shared.

Frank

12. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Waaaay back when I was in the Navy I had to ride in a F-4 almost every day. Oddly ,it never got boring or mundane. We often did the same thing over the same territory and it was allways cool. Real cool.
    I too, advise a ride in a small plane. I did it for a photo job for a fellow who wanted pics of his property. It was $100 an hour. I asked if the kids could go and it was OK. They still talk about flying over tombstone Az.
    Just go to the airport and they have flying services.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It was over a year ago since I went on that trip and every time I think about it I was remind myself that it was probably one of the coolest thing I had ever done.

There was something about dropping out of the sky on a tight turn and seeing nothing but ocean everywhere. Indescribable. Thanks guys.

14. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Cool stuff. Damn, I miss formation flying. Thanks for posting.

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Thanks for sharing. How cool is that?

16. hammeredcoupe

hammeredcoupe
    from Tacoma,WA

Probably he most awe inspiring photos I have ever seen on this board,and they aren't even cars! You could argue that flying one of those is like driving the ultimate hot rod! Thanks for posting. Great stuff!

17. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeffrey- You're right when you say everyone should support Airshows... I went to the one in town this summer and wasn't dissapointed. Here's John Mohr- one of my favorites flying his Stearman..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU0Seh3yzjs

18. jbon64

jbon64
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no way in the world that DIDNT suck !! i'm envious !!

19. Cute... very cute!

Here's some of my rides... sorry for the poor quality as the filming was conducted by an early video telephone and the "tube" clipped off the soundtrack!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K72dj2zUFVU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K72dj2zUFVU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009