Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Isky Roadster at Speedway Museum

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by denis4x4, Jun 30, 2021.

1. Jacksmith

Jacksmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Aridzona

I was able to see the "Isky Roadster" several years ago at the N.H.R.A. museum & I got goose-bumpy looking at a car that epitomizes the term "Survivor"! To see Ed still kickin' eclipses that!!

TerrytheK, stanlow69 and Stogy like this.
  2. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wasn't very familiar with the Maxi conversion either - that's why it was great to see the engine with the conversion displayed alongside the roadster. Info said that the Maxi overhead conversion is quite rare which I can believe, yet there were two of them side by side! :cool:

Fordors likes this.
  3. Fordors

Fordors

Fortunately for us Bill Smith was an early collector and was buying things for decades before the museum was begun. He had an avid interest in toys and the early days of speed and used to visit the large toy show/swap at the Kane County Fairgrounds in Illinois and no doubt car and toy swaps all over buying and making contacts.
    Those contacts paid off with what has to be one of the premier collections devoted to automotive toys and speed equipment. The last time I was in the area the museum was closed because of the pandemic but for sure I need to get out there.

TerrytheK likes this.
  4. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Fact or Fiction ----Ford Motor Company called up Speedy. Speedy bout at least a couple semi loads of stuff. A few months later Ford called back and said somebody made a mistake. Not sure what happened after that. But Speedy got some real good stuff.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

6. $um Fun

$um Fun
    from Nor Cal

I thought that was the stuff that Spedy Bill bought from the Ford experimental room auction when the curator there went crazy and had the auction. A lot of Ford history left that day.

Papas32 and stanlow69 like this.