Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is this right?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by limp, Jan 7, 2010.

1. limp

limp

I got my new running boards for my f1 and wanted to see what they looked like on the truck. I don't think there is suppose to be such a gap between bottom of cab and running board. My truck has a 6 inch z front and rear and all my measurements appear right so i can't see how i screwed something up... but it still doesn't look right to me.

mike

Attached Files:

2. Flatman

Flatman

It looks like your cab is too high. All the F1 pics I've seen have the lip on the running board tight to the cab bottom.

Flatman

3. old beet

old beet

Just checked mine...No gap! Bottom of the door is even or lower than running board top.

4. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

LIMP...looks to me like you have a newer cab with older finders and running boards...POP.

5. 454navyss

454navyss

x2, your wheel wells should be the same height too i think and your back one is definitely lower than the front one

6. 454navyss

454navyss

is the bed and rear fenders mounted and bolted to the frame or just sitting there? maybe put some spacers under the bed to raise everything up

7. Does your bed have the floor and x-members in place? That will add a couple inches of "height".....bed looks too low

8. garagerods

garagerods
    from Omaha

I agree.

Bed is too low and the rear part of the front fender looks too low.

Good luck....

9. limp

limp

truck is a 1950 cab with 51 front clip. I've looked at what feels like a million pictures and noticed a few trucks that running board is not even with bottom of front fender. Should they not be level? It would be great if i could a measurement from top of box to body line on back of cab from someone. Thanks for advise, it gives me something to think about.

mike

10. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I think with the frame Zed that lowered the cab. but the fenders and bed are at stock height. That's the same way my avatar truck is built. You have to raise the bed and front up. Look at my truck..

11. limp

limp

box is lowered 6 inches, front clip 6 inches, frame is z'd 6 inches. still not sure but i think my solution is going to have to be raise box and possibly a section on front fender?

12. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I raised the bed, and raised the front endand pancaked (sectioned) the hood. The front fenders would not look good sectioned. They need to match the rear ones. You might have to reradius the wheel wells thought. Your hood would br a piece of cake to section,
    because the side are so vertical. I've seen one like thatand it look awesome.

Look a my picture album. The second picture showes what happens to the hood when you raise the frontend.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  13. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  14. ...do your boards line up with the bottom edge of the fenders,? bottoms of both should be the same, if they're too low you need shims between the brackets & boards...