Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is This Just Nostalgia?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Apr 27, 2012.

1. I often find myself in the garage late at night just staring at my 31's thinking if these things could talk what stories they'd have to tell?
    Depression,World War,etc.

I can totally understand where you're coming from.

2. Tommy R

Tommy R

LOL! Yeah, that sounds like a great place to check out, Louie! If my move to Carson pans out, we'll definitely need to get together...

My pleasure, Paul! It's just one of the reasons why the HAMB rules. We're definitely not alone.

3. bobscogin

bobscogin

4. atomickustom

atomickustom

It's not nostalgia (as Pork n' Beaner correctly pointed out) and for me it's not even a longing for the past, it's more about some sort of odd connection to the objects themselves.
    True (but odd) story: I used to talk to a car at a junkyard near my house. There was a '51 Chevy fastback that someone started to customize, and then junked. They shaved the hood and most of the trim, put the body in primer, and apparently considered chopping the top because the passenger side door frame was cut WAY down (like 6 inches or more).
    The first time I saw that car I walked around and around it, running my hands over it, TALKING TO IT. I kept saying things like "don't you worry, after I'm done with my '53 I will come back and get you and put you back together.
    I'd go to that place about once a month in decent weather, and always gave that car a pat and assured it that its time would come. (I had no extra money to buy it and no place to put it if I did buy it.)
    A few years ago I went and some heathen had cut out both rear quarters, and a couple months later the yard sold out and they crushed everything. I rushed down and got there a day or two too late. I still feel like I let that car down.

That's not nostalgia. Just insanity of some sort.