Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is there a cordless sander that is decent

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by robert_t_wallace, Jul 15, 2012.

1. robert_t_wallace

robert_t_wallace

Is there a cordless DA sander 18v or 12v that works.. I hate dragging the hoses or cords out (and putting them up) if I have a little bit of time and want to work on a project.

2. squirrel

squirrel

My 5 hp compressor runs pretty much full time to keep up with my DA, that's an awful lot of power to expect to be able to replace it with a little battery.

3. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

With few exceptions, most of the battery toys/tools I've used have been about as useless as mule cum for extended use:( The drills are good for a few holes in sheet, but bout the time you really need some torque, the battery need charging.

If draggin out the hoses or cords is to much work, maybe ya outa take up golf:)

" Life ain't no Disney movie "

4. Truckedup

Truckedup

Best cordless sander is sandpaper ,a piece of wood and your hand.:D

5. that puts a lot of the skill in the operators hands but thats how its done
    and really no cord to put away either and can take as long as needed to finish the project
    my hands and legs are numb from medical , but i still hand sand out many small divots thats how it done:D

theres no instant gratification when doing bodywork

read a book how the really top pros do it and they really put some hand work into the final sandings

i did bodywork 18 years and think i still know how to do it
    and i have to do it over 5 time to get it anywhere near decent

i like the saying fast body work and cheep bodywork hope someone finds out how to do it and makes a fortune with very little effort

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The best results too. A sanding block doesn't leave those little eyebrows that end up showing through the finish paint.