Register now to get rid of these ads!

is $55K too much for this piece if history?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCo_MoFo, Dec 27, 2004.

1. I can't help but chuckle.....that's like saying Norm's Kookie Kar is just another T-bucket. :eek:
    Oh well...to each his own.
    Now, won't somebody kill this 9 year old thread?

2. metalshapes

metalshapes

Iconic cars from our Hot Rod and Custom history are worth a lot of money.

And that is a good thing.

Its an extra safeguard against these iconic cars getting fucked up by people who think they can do better.

And since you mentioned the Kookie T...

I think its a perfect example of that.

DSCN3445.jpg

DSCN3446.jpg

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

'shapes, you're right. I preserve history for a living in most cases. For over 40yrs I learned 1 thing for sure, not everyone does nor ever will understand why. There's a lot I don't understand too but I really believe the "don't get its" I have make sense. HEMI Cudas at nearly 3 million are in that box considering the only difference in those and one made up is paper. Still a Hamtramck dumpster with or without that paper. The topic car shouldn't need an explanation. Well maybe if you've never heard of Larry Watson...

4. mammyjammer

mammyjammer
    from Area 51

Actualy, it's THE custom T-Bird.

5. Colloquially, both the cars and the drivers are known as "lowriders"
    I have read the first post over and over and am having some trouble finding the part where he says they ALL wore zoot suits. Maybe you can highlight it for me. My eyes are getting kinda old.

6. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

I was lucky enough to have met and known Larry, he laid out the flames on my 40 Ford truck. If if ever (never) sell the truck with the fenders. But to the Bird. From what I was told, work got around the crowd, that what Gary got was a true POS. And it would have been cheaper and faster to find another Bird, but this was Larry's Bird.
    Roger and Marie are now the care takers of a part of history. They will leave it just as it is/was. I understand that as Chick and I just bought a vehicle with a land speed history, and we have to look what can bet left alone while still making the car SCTA safe so we can run it as George would have wanted.
    How did this get to Zoot Suits?
    RIP Larry

7. I begin to think that people will still be arguing about the sale price of a car that's long since been sold and is never going to be for sale again, until the current owners die, 20 years from now, if the HAMB is still here.

8. daddio211

daddio211

Bwah ha ha ha!

9. Atomic Kustom

Atomic Kustom

Please just let the thread die and by the way you could not touch the car today for 55K