Register now to get rid of these ads!

Is 4" too low for a '51 ?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by turdmagnet, Aug 13, 2010.

1. turdmagnet

turdmagnet

Right now I've got about 2 - 2-1/2" lowering in the Poncho. No problems so far - can only find 1 local road bump where I bottom out (2010 O/T car don't like it either). Thinking of increasing it to 4". Bigger blocks on the back, stepped A-arms and cut coils in the front is the plan.

How many folks have problems going this low ??

Thanks much !!!!!

Attached Files:

2. plumfat40

plumfat40
    from colorado

mine is pretty slammed, front framerails at firwall hit on speedpumps,driveshaft rubs on floor at backseat... thats just the price of being cool

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I've driven thousands upon thousands of miles lower than that. You just get used to scraping. It costs to be the boss

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Four inches is plenty of clearance on most roads...speed bumps, curb cuts and water dips are the most problems...but you'll learn to drive the car and avoid those.

R-

5. teddyp

teddyp

the chevy has posie 3" lowed front springs with a coil cut out 3"lowed blocks with posie 2" lowed springs in rear hits sometimes but rides good. ford has 2 coils cut out and heated springs in front .3" lowing blocks and posie spring in back both cars i have drove both cars over a 100,000 like this so i say go for it:cool:

Attached Files:

6. 51rat

51rat

My 51 Chev is lowered 3 inches. The smithy mufflers drag on gravel roads, etc. I would not want to go any lower as I like to drive mine. If I have 4 people in the car it drags lots more. 51 Rat (1st post).

7. HotRodHon

HotRodHon

you can add skid plates to protect your naughty bits.

Craig

8. [​IMG][/IMG]I have 4'' blocks in the back of my caddy, i cant even get the jack under it, but i'm happy with how it sets.

9. [​IMG]

The other pic didnt post, sorry.

10. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

I think your car looks good how it is, but if you want to lower it- go for it!