Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage IRON INVASION the Chicago land Hot Rod Custom & Cycle show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 27, 2014.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

that sounds WAY cool!!!!! I cant wait to see it. If you have any problems - ask for Mitch Huffington - I will tell him what is up.

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

there is handicap parking....

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

too bad you could not come to the Iron Invasion and buy your ADVANCE Mecum passes at the show! Yes, I just got word from Mecum Auto Auctions they are donating 100 advance passes to the Schaumburg auction. Get this, ALL proceeds from the sales of these passes goes directly to the Helping Hannahs Heart Foundation! All we can say is WoW. Blown away by the generosity and cant thank them enough. SO, if anyone is planning on being at Iron Invasion this Saturday and the Mecum auction the following weekend, please purchase your Mecum entry in Building C (right by the Calori Coupe) and you will be helping out the 501(c)3.

4. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

ii2013datedkustom.gif
    Just a heads up - we have been getting a LOT of phone calls and emails about this show..... I am afraid that we are going to have some major traffic issues on Route 47. So please ARRIVE EARLY! This means before 930am.

5. no55mad

no55mad

How much rain this year?

6. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

the forecast is not calling for rain, but the temperature will be around 50

7. A little rain doesnt hurt a car. Everyone put on your big boy pants and support the show. I work in a cardiac unit and can tell you first hand how devastating these defects can be. We all need to step up and help out.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    bobwop and travisfromkansas like this.
  8. VintageConcepts

VintageConcepts

9. Anyone go yesterday? I didn't take very many pictures but here's what I got.

A little rain and snow in the morning
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412538944.162009.jpg

I ran out of gas!! Haha
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412539070.909221.jpg

And one of me and my buddies parked at the show.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1412539127.530722.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

LONG likes this.
  10. scoop

scoop

John and Kim are the best.They gave my daughter a grant at Vintage Torquefest to help with her daughters expenses from a heart defect.I planned on being at Iron Invasion but I'm at the U of M childrens hospital right now with my granddaughter waiting for her surgery.We will be at Vintage Torquefest and Iron Invasion next year.They will have my support for as long as they have shows.

LONG, Keep and bobwop like this.
  11. I saw that! He pulled them up on the stage before the bike raffle. That was really nice of them to do that. Johns a great guy

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. LONG

LONG

IMG_0891 (Medium).JPG IMG_0884 (Medium).JPG IMG_0881 (Medium).JPG IMG_0878 (Medium).JPG
    random pix from Iron Invasion. my car day after the show, bottles from Whiskey tasting event and the mini bike pulls.

13. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

thanks to everyone that came out! snow sleet and rain are not the typical forecast you want for a cycle/hot rod/kustom show......... but just about everyone that came out really wanted to be there and we had a great time. And yes, we were able to help out another family with some bills they incurred this summer with some open heart surgery. So THANK YOU to all that came out and supported the event.

bobwop and Max Gearhead like this.
  14. Hellfish

Hellfish

It's nice to see money go straight to the families in need rather than to the administrators of a charitable organization. Way to go, John! That was another great show. I wish I could have stayed longer or helped out this year.