Register now to get rid of these ads!

ireland ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bulletproof1, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

im going to be in ireland in mid march.are there any hamb members doing anything or anywhere car related to go ?

2. bedrock

bedrock
    from Alberta

Not sure about car stuff but if you have a chance to hear Imelda May I would make a point of that.

3. csimonds

csimonds

Yeah Buddy, Ireland is the place to be! Bedrock hit the nail on the head about Imelda May, she is Wicked good. Rockabilly with that Irish flair. When I was there in 2006 we stayed 2 nights in Dublin, rented a car, cruised out of the city and did the b+b thing driving from the east coast to the west. AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING! I Proposed to my wife behind the Blarney Castle in the forest. I could go on and on. you should contact BLZEEBUB here on the HAMB, he lives in Ireland. I don't know what part, but I'm sure he can give you some pointers on where to go for car related stuff. Enjoy the trip, if it is your first time you will never be the same.
    CHUCK

4. I did not know that hot rodding was such a world wide hobby until i got on the ford barn and the hamb. It is amazing about all of the hot rods world wide from switzerland to the down under. I have not seen a post from ireland. I would like to see what they do.

5. chaddilac

chaddilac

Imelda May is awesome!!!!!

6. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i agree !!!!! just checked her out....looks like she wont be playing while im there...maybe she will add a few dates between now and then...

7. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

heres a post from ireland ,new to the hamb

8. There is an Irish Transportation museum. Pretty cool with some cars made in Ireland beside the DeLoren. They made some BIG cars back in the 20's.

9. Look at that, would ya now, ... an Irishman named Pat.

When ya go, be sure to raise a pint of Guinness for your fellows from the H.A.M.B.!

Attached Files:

10. and dont go kiss the blarney stone.. the locals pee on it...

11. ChadMartin11

ChadMartin11
    from NC

Ireland is great. You can't go wrong driving the whole west coast from Dublin down to Cork.
    Can't speak much about the car scene but I did see a Ferrari Testarossa that looked like it was stuck up to it axles down a dirt path near the Cliffs of Moher. It was in a trailer park next to 15' AirStream over looking the sea!

12. Cool cars as well...

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhogVvwbwkw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OhogVvwbwkw?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Ireland is cool. The last time we were there I saw a surprising amount of American iron.

14. HELLVIS

HELLVIS

im sure you could get a drink there

15. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

ya ,she is sexy,cute,classy and talented !

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

imelda may is going to be in the states while im in her neck of the woods..damn the luck...

17. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

imelda s playing cork on the 26th june we have two tickets cant wait

18. nunattax

nunattax
    from IRELAND

dublin is on the east coast the west coast is amazing galway to cork is the way to go on the coast roads

19. Have Fun Mike! :jealous:

20. Stop in at Danny Mann's Pub in Killarney for some lamb stew and a pint of Guinness one evening. They have great bands playing all the time.

The Ring of Kerry is beautiful, but I really liked the "moonscape" of the Burren!

Ireland is awesome!

Watch your car mirrors, the village streets are often narrow as are the little roads in the hedgerows!

21. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

ok guys 3 weeks until my ireland adventure begins...anything going on i cant miss...