Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods iPod installation

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32Rules, Aug 18, 2011.

1. 32Rules

32Rules

So I got all thepieces I need to install a hidden stereo system using an iPod in my 32 5 window coupe. I put the amp on theplywood panel between the trunk and the interior. The iPod cable goes down through the seat through the floor along the frame rail and up through the floor behind the kick panel to the volume dial under the dash then out of the volume dial along the same route back to theamp. The question is can I run the speaker wires in the same bundle as the iPod RCA style cables?
    My battery is in the same space behind the seat and in front of the trunk divider a s the amp. Those wires come out the other side of the amp and is about a 2 foot run for power and ground to the battery.

2. shinysideup

shinysideup
    BANNED
    from ruskin, fl

3. 32Rules

32Rules

Well I'm not thatsmart on this stuff and was worried about noise feeding across from the high output side to the low input side

4. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Keep the RCA cables and the speaker wires separated. The speaker wires will sometimes pickup noise from the cables even though they are shielded.

5. SHANTZ

SHANTZ
    from Surrey

run them seperately. it will create feedback and distortion otherwise.