Register now to get rid of these ads!

iPhone app for the HAMB???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Darling Danika, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Darling Danika

Darling Danika
    from sacramento

My husband and I travel to a lot of different car shows and I think that it would be a good idea to have an app for the iphone so that if you are broke down in hell you can get on the HAMB right away and find out if anyone lives in hell and if they could help........ Any opinions.......

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I support the idea of an iPhone app, although I cannot offer any help. I'd use it, for sure!

3. BEAR

BEAR

i like this... this would be great

4. ELD

ELD

5. Fortress

Fortress

I use the hamb from my ipone all the time...why do you need an app. I hate most apps for websites.

6. blueskies

blueskies
    from Idaho

How about the TapaTalk app... I have it on my www.oldwillysforum.com site, and it works great.

It's easy to add to the forum, just upload a file folder to the server. It wouldn't be a custom designed app with HAMB graphics, but it would make surfing the HAMB fast and easy on a smart phone.

Pete

7. yep, can you install tapatalk for this forum. its free for board onwers. and as an app its not limited to the Steve jobs acolytes. ie works on Droid. so come on hamb, its free to you to!

8. hell my cell phone is so old it has a rotary dial...................whats a app do and how would it help HAMBers

9. app = application. Just liek a program - MS word, Vbulletin, etc etc

Alows users to read an online board and respond when using a smaller screen and range of options. Most forums are OK using the web browser on your phone but using something like tapatalk makes it far easier to view and reply in threads on a smart phone. (there the one's without a rotary dial ;) )

like blueskies I use it on a ski forum here in oz. works a treat to view the board when your not in front of a desktop computer or have a laptop with wireless access with you. It just requires the board owner to install some software on their server. Free too!

pretty pics here: http://www.tapatalk.com/en/mobile

details here: http://www.tapatalk.com/

10. SWANKEY1

SWANKEY1
    from Venice ca

Bookmark the H.A.M.B and save to screen ! That simple ! It keeps me logged on at all times !

11. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

Yeah, another vote for TapaTalk; I use for it other forums, it rocks!

12. Bingo! We have a winner!!

13. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

+1.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

A custom application is in development... Stay tuned.

15. awesome! can't wait..I've wanted a HAMB app ever since I got my iphone last year

16. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Funny, I was just going to ask about this, as my iPhone prompted me to download Tapatalk the other night when I opened the HAMB. I was reluctant to spend $2.99 before I found out what other iPhone-using HAMBsters thought about it.

If there's a HAMB app coming, I'll just wait for that.

Oh, and for those who wonder what the downside of using the browser is, I'd say it's photo uploading. It's a pain to have to take a picture, upload it to Photobucket, stick it in the right folder, copy the link, then open the HAMB and paste it into a draft message. The ability to attach photos within the HAMB app would be great.

-Dave

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Yeah, wait...

18. awesome. thanks Ryan. An app (or easier access than just looking at tiny web pages on the phone) will allow me to catch up with HAMB stuff while on my daily public transport here in Sydney (oz). :)

19. 510madmav

510madmav

I don't like the tapatalk I prefer the regular website.

20. Noname38

Noname38

When I had a i-phone for 2 years I could log onto the hamb without a app. I got rid of the i-phone a month ago. I don't think a app would help me when I was driving my car.... rather keep my eyes on the road. But this is coming from someone who could live if he wasn't on the hamb for a week.

21. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

Did someone say they're currently using tapatalk for the hamb? I can't find it.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

It's up and down as we develop.

23. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Thanks. If I "buy" the $2.99 upgrade, will Atomic Industries get the coin? Or should I wait for a separate app?

Chris

24. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We will be launching our app in the next few weeks... I want it to be free, but not sure if that is going to happen or not yet.

It will be similar to tapatalk, but will have a few more features.

25. creepr

creepr
    from dallas,ga

26. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

27. MattStrube

MattStrube

Will there be a Droid version?

28. RockyJr

RockyJr
    from Wichita KS

that's my questions too.

29. droid? how lame ;) haha j/k but hope this app is up soon I keep checking hoping that it'll be up