Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iowans, Have you seen the new licensing fees?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 24riverview, Dec 18, 2008.

1. 24riverview

24riverview

License and title fees change as of January 1, 2009. Then new minimum license plate yearly fee will be $50 but this does not apply to any thing you currently own. Your current fees will stay the same as long as you own the vehicle. The main reason I'm bringing this up is I thought maybe there were others like me who may have titles that they haven't transfered yet, get that done before January 1. You'll save $10 on the transfer cost and get a much lower plate fee locked in (for an older vehicle anyway). Check out this link to the DOT's FAQ's for more info http://www.iowadot.gov/time21/vehicle_reg.html

2. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

Yep it sucks. Especially if you have a truck. Chet's gonna get your cash anyway he can. What a great way to help spur the economy - make it cost more to buy a car.

3. Squablow

Squablow

Boy, I wish the fee in Wisconsin was only $50 a year. Sticker on my pickup cost me $97, I think the car was $75

4. Hell my reg on my truck this year was 547.00 and the bike was 126.00 how about that!!

5. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Tag for my deuce, $23.50. Tag for my 1999 Tahoe 63.50. Tag for my 1950 Olds, $23.50. I was born and raised in Iowa, couldn't take the cool and snow so i moved to Oklahoma. Love it here. A little warn in the summer, but there is always a cold one in the cooler. Right now in Tulsa 61, Fairfield/ Mt Pleasant, Iowa 32 with a wintry mix. BURRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

6. Try California fees, Jet ski 1995 65$ for 2 years , Enduro 2002 Motorcycle 55$, Suburban 1973 57$, Chevy 1998 POs-10 :mad:107$:mad:, Ford 1930 Model A 41$ . If thats not high enough for you guys the state government is talking about :eek:tripling:eek: it this year to stave off the budget shortfalls.-Weeks

7. Can probably expect the fees to go up in any state that's having budget issues, NYS Governor Mr. Magoo Jr. wants to raise a bunch of DMV fees. Doesn't want to cut the budget, that still goes up over last year, but has plans for everything from the DMV fees to a tax on non-diet soda. Yeah. It might be worth paying attention to what's going on in your state and try and get any DMV stuff done before any increase takes effect.

8. Man, you guys got it sweet. A V8 here in Australia is about $800 a year, that only gets you a crappy sticker for your windscreen.
    At least the petrol is cheap.

9. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Dayum, me and 8 cars just moved back this summer. I'd been jabbering about how cheap the fees were compared to other states they'd been registered in. Hell, a late model harley only cost $15 for out of state title transfer and a year of plates. Guess that's over.

Dunno about the rest of the Iowans, but in DSM you can still park right in front of the downtown courthouse, and walk out with a stack of plates before 25 cents expires on the parking meter. Believe me, that's worth something. This is one of the few states where public service still involves customer service.

10. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

Well.....It's still cheaper than the fees in Illinois. Course, you don't have our Governor, either.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Attached Files:

11. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I think it's called progress.

12. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

i must be living right cause the willys only cost me $83 to transfer from MN to WI and a year of plates, my late model ram PU cost me round $105 a year cause of the weight, and the mamma fiddy mini van cost right around $75 a year