Register now to get rid of these ads!

introdution

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by millerkustoms, Feb 22, 2004.

1. millerkustoms

millerkustoms

So... I thought i had paid a little more attention to the posts when I was just looking, but I took a look back and realized you all are really set on this intro thing! Well here goes

My name is Jeremy Miller, I found the HAMB a couple 4 years ago just looking around for pictures of cool cars, stumbled into the hamb, and never really thought I had much to say. I am from Livermore, CA by way of Farmington, MO and Corpus Christi (can't spell), TX I was born in MO and we moved real quick after, but I spent all my summers as a kid there, learning how to be a hillbilly. But for 18 years of my 22 I have lived here in California. I have been into cars ever since the day I turned 16 and got my first car, a glorious, wonderment of automotive design, a 71 volkswagen bug... I know I had a aweful wretched upbringing, but I always loved hot rods, kustoms, and lowriders too (you're starting to hate me i can feel it!), but especially kustoms.

Always wanting a kustom but not being able to afford it I learned myself how to weld, do bodywork, paint, and chassis fabrication on the volkswagens. At least when i chopped up the failures I wasn't chopping up really nice cars.
    [​IMG]
    I entered the hot rod world by purchasing a 5 window 32 ford from a friend of mine. He says he heard from the old man in the junk yard that it was turned into a sprint car mid-50's and parked there when the boys stopped racing it. I brought it home and started dismantling it to see what I could use, and soon after a move forced me to sell everything.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    After the move my brother and I (partner in the bike biz) traded a VW of his for our pickup. If you read the last post you heard about it... progress has been slow, people in our family won't stop dying recently.. but as we speak I am headed out to pick up full steam on the project and have it rolling and commuting to work by the summer. Simple plans for it 235, with finned pretty stuff, polished copper plumbing, fentons, and whatever multi carb manifold i get my hands on. Overdrive 5 speed, open driveline conversion, and a front axle stretched by mor-drop, as much as he is willing to go. It will be our shop truck so, once its a safe roller, I am gonna sling some paint on it with all the proper biz propaganda.
    [​IMG]
    Our other project is a belly tanker, in this photo we were still going the 4banger tranny route, because we didn't have a flathead 8, but now we do. I will show more of this soon.

Just in case any of you know of one... I am looking for a 49 - 54 to build a custom for the ol' lady. Well for me but it makes it a lot easier to work on it when it's hers.

To finish things off, I am willing to help out anyone in the area, I can do anything, but so can all of you but if you need a hand give a holler.

- jeremy

2. momentumfoto

momentumfoto
    from Yes

Looks like you have your hands full... welcome brother

3. Nice intro!

I know what you mean about family members dropping like flies, I've had a 3 of them since last April, 6 in the last 3 years.

4. Greazer

Greazer

Much better Millerkustoms. [​IMG]

Welcome to the HAMB bub.

What year is that Chevy pickup again?

5. Greetings! Good to have you aboard.

6. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

when were you in Corpus Christi? I just moved to Waco from Corpus Christi about 5 months ago

7. a whats up shit break i mean (jeremy) so you found the hamb finaly huh .well later kyle

8. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

welcome sir, a shame you had to let that beat up old 5 window go.

9. Sean

Sean

Welcome to the board. Post some more photos of the belly-tanker.

There is a '54 Ford in the 510 for sale. Contact Ronnie at [email protected] $2900. I found the ad online.

10. I thought you posted an intro here awhile back? Oh, perhaps its the medication. [​IMG]
    Anyway, you live in the bay area from MO by way of Texas.
    I on the otherhand am living in exile in MO from the Bay area, by way of Oregon (and various other places). Go figure.
    I don't doubt that someone will need a hand with something from time to time. If nuthin' else when you're back here to visit relatives find your way to the city, I'll get ya dirty. [​IMG]
    Welcome to the HAMB my young friend,
    The PKnBner [​IMG]