Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. overthehillracer

overthehillracer

Hello,

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm jj, just turned 60, & retired this year. I've been an addict most all my life. My first car exposure was when I was 3 years old sitting in my fathers midget. I must have made 10,000 laps in that car, & never left the garage. Never got over it. Over the years I,ve raced stock cars, drag cars, boats, & midgets. If it burns fuel & makes noise, I'm interested. I'm just finishing a long term(5+ years) build on a 1960 Harley Panhead stroker. It was meant to be a rider, & at some point, morphed into a show bike. Still not sure how that happeded!
    My current new project is a '46 Chevy, 1/2 ton shortbed. Building it as an old school rod. Straight axle, 261 inline 6, should be a sweet ride. I love to hear a Chevy 6 work'in hard.
    I would like for my next project to be a vintage midget. Nothing newer than the 60's, preferably older. That's where I need help! I've exausted all my contacts in the midwest, & haven't come up with anything. Anyone who knows of an old midget, (no sprinters) in need of tlc, & a return to it's glory days, could join my friend for life club. [email protected]
    See you around the board.............jj

Anyone with just one project going, has WAY too much time on his hands

2. k9racer

k9racer

Ah another round track racer.. Welcome. In vintage oval track mag. several midget cars were for sale in the classifieds.a kurtis copy a edmunds,plus hemmings has had several for the last few months.The last time I went to zeppher hills 2 60 hp, one offey and a 3/4 crosley were for sale.

3. OSR Stein

OSR Stein

Nice intro. Welcome. You're life has just begun, not over the hill.:) Good luck with the project.