Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by AHRF, Mar 9, 2005.

1. AHRF

AHRF

I was introduced to this site by Jive-bomber. I have spent the last 3 years as director of the American Hot Rod Foundation. It was set up to preserve and promote the history of hot rodding. We have so far filmed over 130 pioneers (300 hours of footage) as well as scanned over 8000 photos. Most of the money is going towards interviewing pioneers. But we do have a web site up where you can see photos, film clips as well as interact with our pioneer of the month (who happens to be Lou Senter). To me this is the most important part of the site as it gives hot rodders a chance to ask the pioneers questions and get direct answers posted in audio soundbites. Have a look for yourself at www.ahrf.com.

We're also working on building an online photo gallery accessible to anyone interested in hot rodding. with the amount of photos we have to ID this is a huge undertaking so be patient! should have it up by August. I'm also making a short (45 min) film on the life of Tony Nancy who just passed away.

I look forward to your comments, suggestions, criticisms etc and hope you enjoy what we are doing.

2. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

WOW.... great stuff. Can't wait to get home to take a closerlok at that web page. BIG WELCOME TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AHRF

AHRF

I'd be interested to hear what you think....

4. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Welcome, it sounds interesting.

5. robster

robster

I think it's EXCELLENT!!! - keep up the good work - tough job huh! and welcome to the Hamb.