Register now to get rid of these ads!
  1. NEW MERCH!!!!!!

Hey guys... It's that time of the year again and we are introducing some new shirts in the Jalopy Journal store - including our first ever pocket shirt! So, if you are in the need for some new threads go here:
    The Jalopy Journal Store
    Dismiss Notice

Introduction

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Larry Clare, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Larry Clare

Larry Clare

Hi all ,I am new to H.A.M.B. and also the Flathead V-8 recently purchased a 1941 Ford Super Deluxe 4 door that had been sitting for 15 plus years , I have always worked on my own cars since I was a teenager . I am new to flatheads and would appreciate any help I can get on that subject . 20180130_130515.jpg

19frd39 likes this.
  2. ol-nobull

ol-nobull
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi & welcome. My buddy sold his 41 two door last week down here. They are nice & that should make you a nice ride. Looks like it is not rusty from that photo. When he got his it had been sitting about 25 years in a closed shed. He put on new tires, plugs, points, condenser & battery & new gas & it started right up. Buffed it out and paint was perfect. Drove it about a year & then sold it.
    Where are you located as likely some of us are nearby for help?
    Start a thread on the general discussions forum and many more will see and answer you questions.
    Jimmie

3. Larry Clare

Larry Clare

Hi ol-nobull I am in pinole ca . the car is very straight no rot at all , has some go fast goodies on engine evans heads offenhauser 4 barrel intake carter WCFB lots of chromed bits I will post more pics . mine has a stuck clutch and brakes and interior was redone 17 years ago still looks nice .