Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introduction of a "Traditionalist" apprentice

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by warrenf, Dec 27, 2011.

1. warrenf

warrenf

Hi.
    I'm a newbie from South Africa. I've recently built a 1933 Ford roadster.........streetrod.
    It is not traditional. However, I don't think it is High tech either. It's in between I like to think.
    I recently bought a rusted 1948 chevy pick up. It's steel and that is why I'd like to build it as traditionally as a I can with a limited amount of dosh in my wallet and limited space to build it in. I've seen a couple of the threads and really want to learn as much as I can about getting the right traditional style for the truck.

Attached Files:

2. BAJ

BAJ
    from Ontario

Welcome. Looks like a pretty good start. Excellent patina...don't paint it.

3. warrenf

warrenf

He,he. Yeah. Such a good patina in fact that its starting to fall to pieces. If I want to preserve it I need to stop the cancerous rust. But don't worry, I still want to keep her character and won't clean her up too good.

4. "no dosh in the wallet" pretty much is a world-wide delima .... welcome and good things on that f-truck.