Register now to get rid of these ads!

Introducing: Motor Speedway NJ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motor Speedway, Mar 27, 2009.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

had lots of fun. raced for my first time!

2. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

checked it out after work, not bad. hopefully it takes off and draws a crowd.

3. Pete L.

Pete L.
    from New Jersey

hey,

Great concept, like to have seen more cars.

4. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Sat...more pics...

Attached Files:

5. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I had a great time as always and met some great HAMB guys. Can't wait until the next one!

6. VanHorton

VanHorton

Thanks to everyone who came out! Everything went great, we had some cool cars come out, cool people.... great time. we had our first bike ever run down the track, a 47 harley flattie, which was awesome, as was the rest of the racing, props to the guy with the model A chassis with just a cowl.... but i gotta say.... we definatly need more drag racing going on! its only 20 bucks and as long as you have belts, a helmet, and pass tech you can run as much as you want! cant beat that...

we have some great stuff lined up in the future. for our next event on july 10th and 11th the AMA will be comming down with some awesome vintage motorcycle stuff.... and they will be running that shit down the 1/8th...

We booked Los Straight Jackets to play on August 1st, they are a great band and play a great show.... lots of other top secret stuff in the works. Things can only get better so spread the word and bring your cars out to see what they can do!

7. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

so is this being promoted on other sites? flyers at car shows and cruise nigths? or is it top secret hamb material and word of mouth? i know its new but seems like its really gonna have to grow to survive.

8. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

had a great time hanging out with everyone,,,,,good to see you guys,,,,mel....if there's anything i can do to help let me know,,,,,we need more KUSTOMS to come out,,,,

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  9. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

Count on the "more drag racing"....at least "one more drag racing":D
    The rear is back in the truck...we need a driveshaft, some lexan, and a harness...;)
    We'll make it for July, brutha!!!! I CANNOT WAIT...
    I hope this thing gets bigger all the time, there are a LOT of East Coast nostalgic drag cars, lets get 'em out !
    And never be afraid to run your 18 second daily, either guys...the REAL fun is on the other side O' the fence either way!

10. custom_lettering

custom_lettering
    from Wall, NJ

where else in the states...no the planet!!!! can you get a cold beer in a rustic barn with cool car parts hangin everywhere...walk outside and see killer cars...hear live music with great bands...see mercs racing 32 roadsters with flag girls starting the races...meet interesting people and then the old movies start. are you fucking kidding me!!! tell your friends. make sure everyone knows about this place. all i kept saying to my girl was this is way to cool and this is the start of something huge!! thanks guys for a great time.

11. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

And it showed haha! Especially when your brother beat you in both his car and yours! :D

What time did ya leave? I didn't see you down there...

12. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

wanted to come by again but i stayed local their was a big swap meet today here on the island ..plus trying to finish the sedan..maybe next time...

13. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

i left when they were playing with the movie. i thought that was your truck parked next to my powder blue duster. i didnt bring the essex, had to pull the oil pan off it.

14. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Kudos to Mel. Thanks for letting me in with the Fairlane. Guys this is a GREAT idea. Pass the word. The band rocked !! Beer was COLD and yes that bartender is HOT. See ya next time....

15. We would have more cars... if you would bring yours! Hahahaaa. Truth is, I'd rather it be small with quality, before it big and gay. It will get bigger... That I can tell by the smiles and amazing responces.

We do wish to advertise, everywhere... but we are two guys right now with no time. Me... Mel, and Kevin Horton. Derrick Horton is in summer school cause he is the dumber twin...
    We never catch a break! All we do is go go go... We barely sleep, we fix, we build, we paint, we promote... it's endless. I was out all day yesterday giving out posters, info, working my tail off. We have a lame Myspace page, we are telling all that will listen. A few friends have some kick ass radio programs, they announce it for me cause they dig it. The word will get out... but give it time, people have schedules, familys, broken cars, etc. It will get good... I can feel it! Don't forget York was this weekend too.

While at a local car show yesterday I noticed as usual how bad the local cars shows are... so we will stay small before we give in. Cause I'll go home and play in my garage.

After we were done working last night.... we worked on a banger chassis... there is something wrong with us, cause we could barely stand. Thanks for your support!

16. Great to finally meet you! Yeah, where are all the Kustoms...??? Spread the word!

17. Thanks everyone! I thought is was a great show...

Attached Files:

18. There she is... Katie.

I call her Jungle Kate! Hahaaaa. Super nice girl... She will get that flagging down.

Attached Files:

19. teddyp

teddyp

Had a great time great to see everone and meet a lot of hamer,s will be back with more custom guy,s

20. When is the next one? I got held up and couldnt make it to this one. Mel I need flyers...I know guys that will come.

21. gas pumper

gas pumper

I made it there Sat too.

1/8 mile drags with Hamb friendly cars is very entertaing. It's just right.

Great band, good music, Not too loud that you couldn't conversate.

Really nice selection of cars showed up. But what else would you expect from Joisey Hambers? :D

Great place to meet the guys you know from this board.

See youse next time.

22. 1931S/X

1931S/X
    from nj

itll be there next time.

23. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

From my angle she had it down alright... :D

24. gordo

gordo

Mel, Im sorry I missed another. But Its definitely motivation to get my car on the road.

25. VanHorton

VanHorton

[​IMG]

COME TO THIS.... The AMA is going to be bringing down a lot of the vintage bikes that will be at the Rhinebeck show this weekend... O yea and they will be running thier stuff down the strip...

Motor Speedway will have a booth with a great display, a flathead harley and a hot rod at the Rhinebeck show. Ill be there handing out new flyers, shaking hands, and bringing the MOJO... so come visit! Good times ahead!

26. So is July 11th only motorcycles? Or the same deal pre 58 cars too?

27. VanHorton

VanHorton

bring Cars too! sorry i should have specified that... Cars and bikes but i think we will keep them in seperate areas...

28. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ill be their then

29. Get down here!

Always take flyers home with you boys... It's the punk rock way!

30. More cool news... West Coast invasion!!!

Myself, the Oilers, and Motor Speedway are happy to announce...
    Motor Speedway's OLD TIME DRAGS, July 24, 25, and 26th, with... the BURBANK CHOPPERS!

[​IMG]

Friday night, 8pm. Hollywood Nights! Two old features, car hop, and more!

Saturday, 25th. Hot Rod RACES!!! Live bands, Old Time Drags pre party!!! Top secret announcement coming soon... stay tuned!

Sunday 26th. All out DRAGS!!! ...and more. All the day long...