Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro & pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sean72, Dec 29, 2004.

1. sean72

sean72

My name is Sean, I am 33 years old. I am a So Cal native currently in the city of Whittier. My day job is a graphic designer at Muscle Machines (die cast cars). I am a son of a mechanic, so I have been around old cars all my life. I love hot rods, customs, gassers and muscle cars (just about everything).

I still have my first car, 1972 Chevelle. I got it my junior year of high school in 1988. I know it's not a traditional hot rod, but I have had it too long to get rid of, it's part of the family. My newest ride is a 1965 Buick Sport Wagon. It's a nine passenger wagon with ac, ps, pb, pw (on every door, not just the tailgate), 300 ci nailhead with a two speed auto. It rides on Astro Supremes with a thin white wall tire. I am currently looking into air bags for her.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am also attaching some pics of my Dad's coupe. My Dad, Dale Taylor grew up in East L.A. in the 60's. His brown 31 Ford coupe was running a 301 chevy (poor man's 302) with a solid lift Duntov 30/30 cam, muncie 4-speed and a 57 Pontiac rearend with 4:10's. He was a member of the Examples car club. The old photo shows him and the coupe in the early 70's after he got back from Nam. The coupe has been apart since 1974, so he could concentrate of the family. We have had many classic cars come and go, but he always keep the 31. A few years ago he got back on the coupe. He chopped the top and filled in the roof. It was painted earlier this year. I can post more pics if you like.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

His shop is in East L.A. on Whittier Blvd and the 710 freeway. Here are a few pics of some the cars he's been working on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the long post, once I start talking about cars it's hard for me to stop.

Thanks, Sean

2. Welcome, Great intro! You'll be fine around here.

Btw, we love Muscle Machines. [​IMG]

Joel [​IMG]

3. Muttley

Muttley

Now that's how to do a proper intro, noob's take note. BTW welcome to the HAMB.

4. BigDdy31

BigDdy31

Welcome Sean. It's good to see that your Dad is back into his coupe and that you have carried on the family tradition.

Being an artist, you'll probably enjoy the Friday Art Show around here as well.

Have fun on the HAMB,

Big Daddy Eric

5. Tom Branch

Tom Branch

Wow, what a small world! My dad was in the Examples car club in the early 70's. His name is Bill Branch, at that time he drove a yellow Old's powered '29 roadster. I'll ask him if he remembers your dad. He still has his old plaque and a T-shirt I think. Their plaques were the heavy brass cut-out East LA style, very cool.

Welcome, nice wagon.

Tom

6. Rusty

Rusty

Welcome aboard. I love your dads Coupe. I have seen that body on here before. Tell him he has done an excellent job. And love your wagon.

7. Dirty2

Dirty2

Welcome from Texas !!! Love the wagon and your dads coupe !!!

8. Cool stuff, man. Welcome aboard!

-slacker

9. bobx

bobx
    from Indiana

welcome.

pics are good. more pics are better.

and that wagon looks good.

later

10. J.D.

J.D.
    from Clovis, CA

welcome, I love the wagon, can't wait to see it with airbags, good intro

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Welcome, great intro... just one small thing... your 300 in your sportwagon isn't a Nailhead... sorry to disapoint but those is the facts... other than that great job...

12. sean72

sean72

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow, what a small world! My dad was in the Examples car club in the early 70's. His name is Bill Branch, at that time he drove a yellow Old's powered '29 roadster. I'll ask him if he remembers your dad. He still has his old plaque and a T-shirt I think. Their plaques were the heavy brass cut-out East LA style, very cool.

Welcome, nice wagon.

Tom

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tom,

I called my Dad this morning about your Dad in the same club. He was trying to remember, it must have been too early in the morning. He's going to talk to Dave Telles about it, he was the President when my Dad was in the club. Dave sells at the Long Beach swap meet.

The pic of the club patch was just found this month by my Dad's sister. The family sold some property and it was packed away for 30 years or so. This month was the first time I have every seen the patch, just herd all the stories.

Sean

13. sean72

sean72

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome, great intro... just one small thing... your 300 in your sportwagon isn't a Nailhead... sorry to disapoint but those is the facts... other than that great job...

[/ QUOTE ]

Zman you bummed me out, oh well. This is the first Buick I have owned, more of a Chevy guy. I need to do a bit more research on the Buick. Thanks for setting me straight.

Sean

14. sean72

sean72

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Here is a little something I've been working on.

Sean

[​IMG]

15. Welcome to the HAMB, cool wagon....

In fact, wagons are cool...I got one too [​IMG]

Dave

16. sodas38

sodas38

another g-damn "son of a mechanic"........j/k I kinda laughed when I read that in your intro. Welcome to the board, I like the pick-up...and coupe of course.

btw I am a g-damn "son of a mechanic" too.

17. FONZI

FONZI

Welcome to the HAMB! You will enjoy it here I do believe.

FONZI

18. jangleguy

jangleguy

This is what gets me out of bed in the morning (your guys' dads crossing paths in cyberville)- I love this stuff. Welcome Sean. Let's get your dad on here!

19. sean72

sean72

Hers's another pic of one of my Dad's many projects. It's a 31 roadster body that he picked up in the 70's for something like $35. I've been thinking about taking over this project for some time.

Sean

[​IMG]

20. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Sean,
    welcome:) did you go to Moon Eyes car show this year? it was right in your home town of whittier! nice cars and pics ...also you and your dad have very nice projects... love the Model A's. please visit Friday art night coming up in a few days:)
    best wishes,
    CAB

21. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

Welcome, nice cars...710 and whitter huh. i live about 10 minutes from there. i will have to stop in sometime. does he do body work or does he just do mechanical stuff?

again welcome..

22. lownslow

lownslow

sean,
    hey man good to see ya here..... it was cool meeting you at mooneyes ..how cool is that ? your dad was in a club with tom's dad....anyway lemme know when you want to talk about doin the top on the wagon ....

later, donnie

23. 1EVIL51

1EVIL51
    BANNED

Welcome, I hope you enjoy the HAMB?! I know I have so far! [​IMG]

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Good intro, and your dad's A is super. I hope he's not going to change it too much during the rebuild.

Frank

25. sean72

sean72

sodas38, nice to meet another son of a mechanic. Ha ha.

jangleguy, I'll try to get him on the board soon. He really hasn't warmed up to the whole computer thing yet.

Coupe-De-CAB, O yeah, I went to the Mooneyes car show! They already have overgrown the Sherrifs Academy. They need to really find a bigger place. I can post some pics from the show if you like.

26. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

How bout some more shots of that roadster...
    and welcome...

27. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

whoa, I'm an addict now....

28. sean72

sean72

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome, nice cars...710 and whitter huh. i live about 10 minutes from there. i will have to stop in sometime. does he do body work or does he just do mechanical stuff?

again welcome..

[/ QUOTE ]

Low Springs, he's right on the corner of Whittier Blvd & Burger St. right before you go under the 710 fwy. Yeah, stop by and say hi. He does just mechanical stuff. He can figure out just about anything, he makes alot of his own brackets and stuff. He's full of great stories about growing up in East L.A. in the 60's and cruising the Blvd.

The guy who painted the coupe is named George, I can't remember his last name right now. I think he's in the Auto Butchers club, and drives this 59 chevy.

Sean

[​IMG]

29. sean72

sean72

[ QUOTE ]
    sean,
    hey man good to see ya here..... it was cool meeting you at mooneyes ..how cool is that ? your dad was in a club with tom's dad....anyway lemme know when you want to talk about doin the top on the wagon ....

later, donnie

[/ QUOTE ]

Donnie,
    good to talk to you again. After the first of the year I want to get together with you about doing the top of the wagon. I can't wait!

Sean

30. drhotrodmd

drhotrodmd

Great cars Sean! Welcome