Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro from another new guy.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by C.G, Jul 6, 2013.

1. C.G

C.G
    from AL.

I'm a died in the wool automotive enthusiast from Alabama that's been lurking here for months before registering. If I could I would own at least one of every car and truck ever made. Of course that'll never happen. Luckily my wife is also an enthusiast. A few years ago she told me she wanted a 46 Chevy 1/2 ton and within a few months we had one in the garage. It was an older build and we are slowly redoing it to suit our taste.

Currently we are seriously giving thought to starting a COE car carrier project. Not sure if we would go flatbed, slant bed, or rollback, and would love to figure out a way to do reasonably easy bed swaps. Is that even possible? We've got a non-H.A.M.B friendly Dallara F394 formula 3 race car that I'd like to occasionally haul on a slant, and a flatbed would be great for hauling hay on our farm.

[​IMG]

2. B Bay Barn

B Bay Barn

Hey CG: gorgeous pick-up, what's under the hood? Welcome.

3. kscarguy

kscarguy

Welcome aboard.

You could do bed swaps on a COE easy enough, as long as you pre-plan for it. They do get heavy and bulky so that needs to be taken into account...dang, now you have me thinking. I might have to borrow the swap idea for mine.

4. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

Welcome. For the COE, look into the hook-lift systems. There may be one out there with the slant; I'm pretty sure there is a flat bed one. Maybe a little fabrication and you could come up with one of your own? (I've never actually done this, so keep that in mind.)

5. Welcome from CT!

6. Welcome from TEXAS . You will find lots of info here.

7. C.G

C.G
    from AL.

Thanks for the welcome!

B Bay, power comes from a 327, it's got a Nova sub and a Camaro rear.

kscarguy, I'd love it if you wanted to use my idea. Maybe we can put our heads together and figure out a good, quick, and safe way to do it. KRB52's hook lift system idea sounds like a great start.

8. Veach

Veach

Another Welcome from Texas