Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro for the new guy

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SNDT1319, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Hey guys,

I'm a guy who loved cars growing up but was more of a video game guy than a mechanically inclinded guy. Well I done grown up and decided to give up video games and TV and learn how to do something of value. My issue is as a Soldier I move around alot. I decided to get a car to restore back in 2009 but an Iraq deployment got in the way and then I moved and now I'm in an Afghanistan deployment. I'm getting married when I get home so I'm trying to learn all I can and figure out what to buy to move a family around in style for when I get back. I'm 6'4" so I don't fit in much. Hope to learn a lot on here.

Brian

2. Welcome and thanks for your service!! My recommendation would be Ford Model A Sedan. Plenty of room for you and a family. You can still get them relatively cheap and are a breeze to work on/modify.

3. Brian,
    I'm with Junk. Easy to work on, plenty of parts available, and lots of leg room. Stay safe and welcome from Michigan.

4. Old&Low

Old&Low

Welcome Brian! It's always nice to see another 'Grunt' that loves Hot Rods. '40 Ford sedans make good family haulers for tall guys also. Good luck, be safe, and let us know when you come up with your new 'ride.'

5. Right now I'm leaning toward's either an early 1940's sedan or a 1966 Chevelle or Galaxie 500. My Dad, who is a similar size to me, is looking for me while I'm gone.

6. 6'4" and in the Army,...keep your head down!
    Good luck

7. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett, TX---thanks for your service. Be safe.

8. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome to the H.A.M.B. from Tennessee!

9. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy.