Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intro, a bit about me...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 61Lancerwagon, Feb 23, 2005.

1. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, it sure has been cool finding this board, but I wonder when I will get to sleep again-really has my mind stirred up. These are the style cars I like to look at. Billet Sucks Ass. Presently I own a 53 Ford 2 dr post, a 52 Victoria parts car ( both flatheads :D ) a 61 Lancer wagon (slantsix to recieve massive steroid injection) and a 71 Charger that I am not nearly as interested in as I used to be.
    The shitty side :( is that they are all in Texas rusting while I've been in Michigan for nearly 4 years trying to get my shit in one sock, getting a house, shop etc to make room, don't wanna leave them outdoors up here. Things are moving along and with any luck at least one will get here this summer. I am interested in any inliners (found the recent posts on Hudson motors fascinating)
    and generally in things that aren't a dime a dozen, not a huge SBC fan. I think the info posted here is awesome, and I hope to get started on hopefully a model A or something soon too. God am I envious of Jonny Cola's coupe, that thing rocks.
    I would like to thank Ryan and the moderators for the opportunity to learn so much more about doing things the old way. You are giving a hell of a service to the rest of us and I hope I can contribute something too at some point.
    Randy

2. CathyH

CathyH

Welcome to the HAMB fron another FNG. Hope you are able to reunite with your cars soon.

3. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt

4. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Cathy,

I'll try to fire up the scanner tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks Rusty-man you guys out in the northwest sure do build some cool shit, I been lovin' all the posts from around the board. A bunch of the cool parts are out that way too. Might get to visit that area next year if the Navy gets their way, they want me to go work athe shipyard out there for 20-30 days, not quite your neighborhood, but my first trip to that corner of the country.

5. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Welcome aboard!!

6. Chandler

Chandler
    from Rowlett,TX

7. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ok here we go:

Attached Files:

8. plmczy

plmczy

Welcome and nice wagon. later shawn

9. joeycarpunk

joeycarpunk
    from MN,USA

Nice intro, welcome to the hamb. Any other lurkers thinking of joining this is how its done. :)

10. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys...I have a lot more pics of the Charger, but didn't think this an appropriate location for them, it being a 71 model. Had it down to a stripped bare shell.

I worked with a bodyman friend of mine down in Tx for about 6 months at his shop, then off and on doing several projects. He is a naturally talented tin-beater, one of those folks that piss me off :D because I feel like a fumble fingered bitch when I see how fast they work. I can get things done reasonably well, just very slow. I did get a lot of confidence, but heavily tempered by respect for the truly talented folks around me. I do pretty decent prep work tho.

Then I moved up here, where my 6 year old is 80% of my social life. He is better with tools than most 6 year olds, for what thats worth. Couple more years he'll be a good helper, right now he gets really pissed when he can't do everything. Don't know where that attitude comes from...:rolleyes:

11. Blown 61

Blown 61

Nice wagon. I have a seven year old that likes to help dad in the garage. He likes to go to the drags with me and sticks his hand out the window and make like a airplane ridin in my Dart.

12. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

welcome to the H.A.M.B. from another newcomer....

13. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Welcome aboard. Being an FNG myself, im not really one to talk, but I dont think anyone would mind too much if you posted the pics of the '71. I for one would like to see it.

14. 61Lancerwagon

61Lancerwagon
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I guess as long as I don't make a habit of it it should be ok, kinda like VW's. I saw a lot of post 64 stuff in a lowrider thread.

Had to redo the 1/4 panel after an incident in the snow. I have a set of fiberglass fenders that are painted and ready to go, had the doors done but they have rusted out again :mad: I have the parts to make it a R/T or Superbee clone if I want to. The hood has since been morphed into an airgrabber/ramcharger hood, spliced in the stuff from a damaged one. It took a lot of laquer thinner to get the Ziebart out of the engine compartment. The headers had melted it and it was all sticky. The engine is a 340 with the 284 dur .528 lift MP solid cam, Holley 750 vac sec, Turbo Action 3500 stall and 4.30 gears. It was a lot of fun and I will enjoy finishing it if I ever get a place with a bigger shop or manage to make room here. I have a couple the coice of 440 or 383 to go big block later.

Attached Files: