Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interior question...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mikaelmtb, Jul 24, 2006.

1. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Hi!

I´m about to get some new interior for my 48 Chevy coupe. At first my lovely gf and I decided to do it ourselves, but after seeing that you can get a pair of seat covers for 230$ +115$ shipping (from www.automotiveinteriors.com) I´m not sure its worth the trouble doing it myself!

But the interior I can get there is not stiched, but heated! So my question is, has anyone any experiences with this?

How is the quality and looks compared to regular stiched tuck'n'roll? (830$ for covers and shipping at www.rodinteriors.com)

There is a lot of money in difference, does the quality and looks follow?

My dream interior is full vertical stiched tuck'n'roll in white, for both front and back seat.

Br
    Mikael

2. tooslow54

tooslow54

Can't speak for the stuff you mentioned, BUT, having grown up in an interior shop I would stay away from "heated" pleats. Save up, and get it done right. If you need something for the time being just throw a blanket over it. Like most things in life: "You get what you pay for".

3. mikaelmtb

mikaelmtb
    from Denmark

Ok, thanks for your answer! I´m kinda turning to do it the right way also, but just need some $$$! :( Think I will go for the blanket for a while!

4. DetroitBilt50

DetroitBilt50
    from detroit

yup. thats what i had to do. plus blankets arent sticky in the summer heat!

5. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

You can get it stitch pleated for much less than tuck 'n roll. It's not heat pleated, but it's not individual strips with backing sewn together like tuck 'n roll.