Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Interior needs outside Philly ive got "A Guy"

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by gasservette68, Mar 22, 2018.

1. gasservette68

gasservette68

Ill try to keep a long story short. The only interiors i ever do are the repop type when I know what seat and doors I have and I buy the kits and ive gotten pretty good and it comes out great, but not many choices in colors etc and only if you have a popular car theres a kit. Im in the restaurant bizz and thru a guy we had a guy come that was working in another place but on the side was doing everyones booths etc. So we met him to do ours we talked he was cool long story short the booths are killer and way cheaper than a company. I never had the guts to go to my local interior shop about doing my interior id sit on a milkcrate before I did that not sure why but money/intimidating/can I pick what I want etc. SO..... I ask the guy his deal like why are you cooking when you can do furniture now thats another long story. The guy is a furniture maker from Italy lived and worked there his whole life years making the frames the springs and then 20 years at a sewing machine. So I ask him do you do bike seats and car ints he said hes done a few boats a couple cars. Heres the deal with this guy if you make it from fabric on a sewing machine he can make it he has no clue what fabrics styles looks Hotrodders like its not his scene. I said if I draw you what I want and we work off my old seat frame and door cards etc are we on and he says yeah no probleam. So I go on a website I pick some fabric I draw what I want we pull my interior fix up the bottom of the seat a little I used the existing seat it was wood and spring but we fixed it up to fit better and away he went. we talked about little details as we went I bought nice nagahyde and fabric and buying better stuff all my material was about 400 bucks. Then I paid him for his time but with the understanding id post this to help him get jobs he works on the side a few days a week hes great weve become friends.He works from his house near West Chester Pa and anything he cant bring in the house hes welcome to use my shop I have a big 10 car space Heres some pics we remade the door cards from melemime that brown stuff ill post pics when I install it. So if you need seats tops door cards not carpets but anything made of fabric this guy is great and cheap def cheaper than a shop it wont be overnite but it will be nice and fair and you can work every detail out with him hes a real cool easy guy. Hers my stuff and hers my number text me with a short message and ill get you guys in touch and help because he doesnt get into cars and bikes but I do i kinda help as a liaison. If you have fabric he ll just charge for the work if you need it he gets it for you and bills material plus time hes just really easy to work with. His names Fabrizio and if your wife needs a chair or curtains hes a master of that stuff as well and hes glad to do it cars bikes furniture all bills the same. Im tellin you thsi guys a life long furniture maker he forgot more about fabric than most people could learn.
    Im Chris 484-356-3585 sorry pics arent great more to come
    Oh and this stuff went in a '29 A

Attached Files:

pat59 likes this.