Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Interesting stuff- upcoming auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by razoo lew, Dec 28, 2017.

1. razoo lew

razoo lew
    from Calgary

2. Wow lotta nice stuff there

Stogy likes this.
  3. Squablow

Squablow

That's an impressive sized collection! I would like to have that '50 Mercury and the '58 Dodge wagon myself. Lots of other neat stuff too, some mis-identified but that's to be expected.

I just wonder what the market would be like for some of those unrestored cars of the teens and twenties, will there be much interest? If they were restored and running, sure, but restoring one now, 100 years later, would be really tough for all but the Fords and Chevrolet. I also wonder about the old tractors which sat outside.

Hoping to hear from someone who goes, would like to know what prices were like.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  4. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

We should all give thanks to guys like this that saved all that stuff.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks for posting that @razoo lew...many a man/woman's dream will come out of those barns to be reintroduced to the Wild Blue Yonder perhaps in a much modified state...Definitely some very rare birds as well...

chryslerfan55 and brad2v like this.
  6. jazz1

jazz1

Auction is far enough in future to command some decent prices. Some very nice stuff

7. J. A. Miller

J. A. Miller
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Central NY

Boy, you don't see those '64 Pontiac Buicks anymore. Lol

pat59 and 49ratfink like this.
  8. mike 51

mike 51
    from norcal

That was fun...thanks for sharing!

9. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and warhorseracing like this.
  10. Wow is right. Hook up the trailer and lets go.

11. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

That '21 Buick roadster is cool. It would make a neat '30s styled rod.

12. What's with the Buick Mcglaughlins? Is that a Canadian thing? I want the little chevy 490 roadster.

chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  13. manyolcars

manyolcars

It is astonishing and unforgivable that he allowed the tires to be ruined by not putting everything up on blocks

14. I have known these people well for years. This sale is 35 miles from where I live and I work in their yard (look after oil wells on their land). If someone on here ends up buying anything at the sale, let me know and I'd be glad to help out.
    P.s. I'm 15 miles from a US border crossing.

brad2v, kidcampbell71, pat59 and 2 others like this.
  15. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Partly it seems the Mcglaughlin company in Oshawa, Ontario used Buick from Flint drive trains for a number of years then Durant from Buick, Mcglaughlin and some other fellow formed General Motors and that racer guy Lois got involved too. Its much better explained than Stogy style in the link.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaughlin_Motor_Car_Company

Bottom line is there is some very rare stuff lurking in them barns...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    chryslerfan55 and brad2v like this.
  16. Thanks, Stogy...good read and answers the Mclaughlin question...I had no idea before tonight.

Stogy likes this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

Guess there are wide open spaces up there with lots of dust, looks like a nice collection.:) Bob

Stogy likes this.
  18. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most of this collection probably was rescued in the condition you see in probably much harsher confines. These quonset style barns are a more modern resting place that thankfully housed this stuff till now.

Squablow likes this.
  19. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Alberta and Saskatchewan are Canada's best tin friendly places and Manitoba and some of BC are close seconds but yes that stuff looks very solid...real nice to see.

20. khead47

khead47

WTF is a fuel bowser ?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Tanker truck, according to a quick search.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  22. Some pretty rare stuff in there. Jay Leno might be interested in some of that stuff, like the electric car and some of the really rare ones. I heard that he reads the HAMB so he might show up for the auction.

23. It’s unfortunate that it’s a 4 door

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

J. A. Miller likes this.
  24. 33 cdan man

33 cdan man

Wow!!! How does someone amass such a large collection as that? Mind boggling to say the least

25. I was thinking about that wagon myself, thought I was the only one. I would also like to get a few of those stationary/hit miss motors too.

chryslerfan55 and Squablow like this.
  26. A fuel bowser is another word for gas pump in these neck of the woods. Unless it' hidden somewhere, I can assure you there is no fuel truck there.

27. You are correct, Browser invented the first fuel pump and thus older pumps are still called Browsers. I did not notice the picture he was referring to. The term browser also refers to a tanker truck or any fuel/ water/whatever mobile container in England and other places. I just looked all this sh*t up and learned something new.:)

28. The collection has been downsized drastically since i first went through it 25 years ago. (Single paths through the sheds at that time). The father and mother that started collecting passed away about 10 yrs ago. He (in particular) collected ANYTHING that was old/antique. There didn't seem to be any particular thing they liked more than other things. Military guns, Tommy guns etc. (Guns were all sold years ago), beeswax cylinder record players, you name it, it was there. In fact one time he asked us what something was...he didn't know what it was...just that it was old and in his collection. He supplied cars to make a local movie in the 70's, as he had all original cars from 20's. The gentleman and his wife grew up through the depression and knew tough times, and I suspect once the oil money started to come in that they started collecting more seriously. The collection has been tied up trying to equally distribute the income from the collection. The old man and his wife had 2 sons. One son passed a few years ago and there's an ex wife and grandchildren involved. The tv show Canadian pickers made a stop there and it aired a few years ago. Stuff has deteriorated over the years as the father and mother aged and the family is running a large farming operation full time, it would be a tough job to maintain the collection. Needless to say, it will be an interesting sale. Like I say, I work in the yard so will be attending the sale with a rollback for hire. It's tough driving past all the neat stuff every day and not dream.

29. I'll be two hours north in Grenfel for a family reunion that weekend.....I may have to attend....

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

brad2v and Stogy like this.
  30. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fill your truck...;)...with goodies...and the trailer behind it with the prize...