Register now to get rid of these ads!

Interesting news for fans of the "Uncertain T"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gowjobs, Nov 15, 2006.

1. gowjobs

gowjobs

2. Killer

Killer

holy shit.. thats the car that made me like hot rods.

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

what, no pics?

4. gowjobs

gowjobs

Here's how thousands remember it:

Attached Files:

• 2f78.jpg
      2f78.jpg
      File size:
      32.1 KB
      Views:

5. Very cool info! Can't wait to see more.

6. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

7. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

I didnt read the thread from the other page but if the pic is what there saying is the uncertan t. Im sure that in the past few months a guy was selling that and said that he had been building it.

How that for uncertain

8. Soviet

Soviet

The thread says otherwise. We'll see, maybe someday more will surface. It's too bad stupid politics get in the way of our hobby.

9. This is the ture meaning of 60s custom/show rod........I grew up building this kit over & over, wish I saved a couple.....WELCOME BACK STEVE SCOTT we missed ya

10. McFly

McFly

That's really cool... hopefully we will get to see some current pics in the near future.

11. There were some really good pics of it in Street Rodder a few years back. There was a pic of it when it was a lighter gold color. I'd like to see more of this!

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Worth a fucking fortune just ask Pat Ganal whom has been looking for years.

13. Clark

Clark

I thought there was a thread on this a year or two ago. I think it was in Canada or something. A member on here knew the original builder.
    Clark

14. UNCLECHET

UNCLECHET

I built that kit a couple of times myself! Must have been around 66-67? So I was like 10. Man, I loved that car. I don't think then I realized it was strictly a show car. I just remember wanting one real bad so's I could cruize in style! My sister broke my last one and I was so pissed, well hell, I still am.

15. beatnik

beatnik

Wow very cool news, I've always loved Uncertain-T. It's great too hear it's still around. I've followed along with all the threads on the different boards about "Where is it now?".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. I wish people would leave steve aloan. if he wanted you to know where he was he would come out and tell you. I on the other hand dont need to read this to know.

17. GlenC

GlenC

Someone built a 'clone' of that car in Australia many years ago, called 'The Tilted T' from memory, and drove it and showed it a lot.

Cheers, Glen.

18. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I don't think people care so much as to where Steve is pal... I think people are more interested in the car... as they should be.

19. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

I have wanted that model kit for years... can't ever justify what they are going for.. maybe someday I will get lucky at a yard sale...
    I have a hot rod magazine, '67 or '69 where the car is for sale in the classifieds I think 7000 or just the motor for 3000, something like that.
    koolest show rod ever for me, I like t's.

20. If you want people to leave him alone, why drag a year old post up to refresh everyone's memory? Especially with your first post

21. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

I remember that car...I LOVE this period of car building, people were having fun, injecting a little levity into things...getting radical...it didn't always work out right, but, it was cool that people were pushing it...for the most part, I still like it today...I have not seen it in a long time.

funny, I think if it were built today, the "broken" look, and crazy proportions, and wind-up-toy crank, would get it labeled something a bit derogatory...oh, wait, it has paint. Ehhhh...no one will dare...:D

22. How much of a loan does he need, and where should it be left? After that, maybe he won't desire to be left "alone", and share a few photos of his car.

I love being a smartass.:D

23. Louie S.

Louie S.

I love that car, I am getting my model a RPU delivered today, and it will definately be done sixties show rod style.:cool:

24. PeteFromTexas

PeteFromTexas

I have always loved that car.

25. xadamx

xadamx

Good for you...who cares. Nice first post. I appreciate that car for it's history but I'm not a big fan of it...never been able to get into it.

26. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

One of the Hallmarks of the custom era.. What a find!!! Hope to read more on this..

27. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

For a minute there, I thought this was a new development. Then I rechecked the thread date.

Ryan, any chance we can make the post dates a little more noticeable? maybe just a little bolder? I've tripped up on that one more than once. Thanks!

28. Well Steve gave the model car guys a interview......check out coffincorner.proboards89.com.....................

Attached Files:

29. S.F.

S.F.

when was that car first built ??? 65???????

30. Preacher

Preacher
    Member Emeritus

I can't wait to see that back on the road.