Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Interesting 34 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jun 22, 2017.

1. I ran across this photo and it's got me stumped,I think it must have been built as a early sand/dune buggy but I have never seen anything like it.

The car appears to have 8 wheels. HRP

index.jpg

2. Looks like fun.

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've seen that pic before, but can't remember where.

4. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Reminds me of the tour outfit around Lake Michigan that used '56 Olds convertibles to give sand dune tours. Could be an earlier version. Similar tours could happen anywhere there were dunes when you were allowed to drive in them. CO, UT, ID, CA, OR ...

5. arts dune tours out on cape cod started using 34 ford woody wagons if i remember right. i wonder if it is one of his? i found a photo but it is a later car. images.jpeg 07f089333c35f96824f8916169539bda.jpg

Barn Find likes this.
  6. ............................Same with me.......probably on here at some point in time.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  7. I saw that elsewhere with the caption that it was from Michigan and used for Dune Tours. Here's another version
    34 dune.jpg

Dave Mc likes this.
  8. I believe this to be a different car. If it isn't they changed a bunch of stuff on it.

9. Uh, that's why I said "This is ANOTHER version"

10. Sorry hotroddon I missed that eyes are getting old & tired

11. No worries, it's all good :)

12. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I remember that pic too, think it was in a Car Craft Little Pages, in one of the issues on the Meyers-Manx dune buggies. I fretted for a week..."Was that a Phaeton???"

The centers of the wire wheels on the '33 Coupe look to be welded together, front-to-front, or 'nose to nose'... How did they get to the lugnuts?

Our skinny Captain looks to have 'deflated' the blousing on his Jodpuhrs, and his cap isn't 50-Missions crushed...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

lothiandon1940 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  14. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  15. clem

clem

Been a few on the HAMB here, if not the same pics, then very similar.

16. Living in the South Carolina foothills near the Smokey Mountains I never saw anything like these but it seems a lot of you have in your states. HRP

17. Saw an/the article in an early Hot Rod - late 50's - early 60's.....think it was the early cars running the dunes out west...I'll be moving them again soon and will look....remember they were just old cars 60 yrs ago........

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.