Register now to get rid of these ads!

Intake ID 6x2 weiand Drag Star WS6

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeyerAutoSalvage, Apr 20, 2011.

1. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Good afternoon, I have searched but cannot find any help on this one, I just go this intake, and have no idea what it fits. I thought y-block but the spacing is too wide, but not by much- maybe MEL?
    Thanks for any help!
    Dan Beyer
    352-463-2002

2. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

I guess pics might help! dough!!!

Attached Files:

3. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

are Studebaker and Cadillac intakes of this type interchangeable?

4. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The stude intake would need to be modified. But stude speed parts are maybe rarer than cad. Why screw up a perfectly good intake a stude guy could use?

5. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

not planning on changing it at all, just curious. I am pulling an intake on a Stude right now to verify fitment.

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Because who cares about Studes except maybe Tom Branch haha!!! I wouldn't think twice about modifying that fucker.

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Oh. Never mind then!

8. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

well, she's not studebaker, the center bolts are wider than the holes in the intake, it is close though. Maybe Caddy? If so, I got 1 to check against, but does that sound right to anyone?

9. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

A quick google search says ws6 should denote studebaker application. If it fits 331/365/390 cadillac mounting pattern and holes, PM me.

10. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Just like 61cad said, it's Studebaker...WS6= W-eiand S-tudebaker 6-carb...are you maybe checking it against a later, ('60's), Stude motor?

11. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

The Stude I have is a 1958 (from what I am told) and from what I can find, the manifolds swap 50-64, and I just checked against a 59 Caddy, and no dice either. What is the easy way to identify Stude motors per generation?

12. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

There was only one "real" Studebaker V8, and it was used from 1951-64. '65-'66 Studebakers used Chevy 283s.

13. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

alright, we have established that it is not off the following:Early Cadillac, Studebaker, Y-block Ford, still need to check Lincoln 368, but is close to all of them- any others of similar style, please let me know!

14. I have a 6x2 Weiand Dragstar WS-6, and it fits on my -57 289 Stude!

Attached Files:

15. Looks like the very same spacing on these manifolds from the photos too, interesting......

16. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

yeah- looks IDENTICAL, gonna post a pic of my Stude motor and see if I am wrong about it too.....

17. carbking

carbking

18. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

hey carbking- you are the MAN! 61 Cad- thank you for the quick ID, but now I need to figure out what engine I have that I thought was a Stude! I will post a pic of it tomorrow if I can, and thank you again all of you for all your help!
    Dan Beyer

19. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

It's not an Olds is it? The engine you have, I mean.

20. jroberts

jroberts

Early Cadillac and Stude V-8 manifolds from '51 through '64 are very similar with many having been modified from one to fit another over the years. This means that sometimes a manifold that should fit one fits the other instead. I have heard of some Buick intakes having been modified to fit a Studebaker as well. The manifold in question here is indeed a Studebaker manifold unless it is has been very beautifully modified to fit something else. All of that said that set up would be a lot of carburetion for a Studebaker V-8, but it would surely look cool. I have seen one of these manifolds, but it had been taken off the Studebaker it was on because it was just too much for the Avanti it was on. Still it would look mighty good, wouldn't it?

21. BeyerAutoSalvage

BeyerAutoSalvage
    from Trenton FL

Ok, now I feel like a REAL jack ass- my "stude" is a NASH engine! Shoulda known better with the torque tube trans and all- Thanks again to all who chimed in.
    Dan Beyer