Register now to get rid of these ads!

Installing door handles on 29 roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kurts49plym, Dec 6, 2008.

1. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

I will attach some pics of my installation. Remember, these doors are rusty and have been buchered many times. Almost 80 years old now! The door handles work excellent. I bought the handles from speedway, and was a little disapointed that there was no attachment screws or gaskets. I made gaskets from a rubber sanding pad I had lying around. It is a linkage design, with a clamp collar that clamps to the square shaft. I welded an arm to the collar. The tru value hardware store had the joints, one of which looks like a linkage to a carb. I used a 10-32 threaded rod between the joints. Also, there is a spring shown that keeps the latch from vibrating open. Hope you can understand this. I think it will be helpful. Kurt

Attached Files:

bct likes this.
  2. kurts49plym

kurts49plym
    from IL

One more pic. I also purchased the smaller bear claw latches from speedway. Worked real nice. The installation was time consuming for both doors. In the end, some bondo or lead will clean things up. I probably have 20 hours invested. Kurt

Attached Files: