Register now to get rid of these ads!

Inliners-Check out the new engine in my daily

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flyin'eye, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Well, after a few weeks of screwjackin around, my daily driver is finally back up and running. Still a small engine, but way better than the one that was in there. 9.5:1, Racer Brown solid cam, three holley 1909s on an Offy "intake" and a Mallory dual point. The thing is a kick in the ass to drive with the progressive linkage. Now we're gonna find out what the reliability factor is like with three carbs......

2. Here's a before shot of the wheezing, oil leaking engine I replaced...

3. Great Job, that looks awsome all that in a few weeks, Nice

4. Very cool! What size is it and what vehicle is it in? :cool:

5. Its an itty bitty 170 cu.in. in a 62 Ranchero. Heres a shitty nighttime picture of it...

6. Falcon Rancheros are cool! All I have in the Freak-conoline is a 170...it hauls that thing just fine and mine is stock. I'll bet yours will move out real nice, now!

P.S....I think you should run those scallops down the side of the car...really make the thing look like it's screamin down the road! Not that you asked. ;)

7. Yeah, I agree on the scallops...I didn't like them from the minute I unmasked it. But, I have since made a few more body mods, and have a few more to go, so I will be redoing the paint after this summer....

8. Kinky6

Kinky6

Lookin' good! And now you will be able to ask the question:

"Ever have a little six in an old Falcon?":rolleyes:

"Its got three carbureters, and nobody can pass me by!" The Whirlaways:cool:

9. nothing like an inline with 3 carbs....
    Looking good, inspiration for working on mine again....
    thanks

10. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

That's the thing with scallops-just when you think they're big enough you unmask and need longer, swoopier, etc...

11. Kev Nemo

Kev Nemo

don't mean to sound like an idjit, but is that the same motor in the 2nd pic? Damn man, it sure did clean up well. What color did you use on the main cover?

12. Did you mod the intake or purchase a 3x aftermarket??

13. Its a different engine, but still the same old falcon 170. The paint is mid 60's AMC blue. You can't tell from the pictures, but it matches the fade on the outside of the scallops pretty closely. The intake is an old Offenhauser, but I think it would be fairly easy to make your own. The nice thing about the Offy setup is that it comes with the progressive linkage.

14. sweet car and sweet engine, keep us updated on its performance :)

15. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

oh HELL yea... makes me wanna work on the motor in my klunker. all the bits are there, just need some warmer ambient air before i spin a wrench again. got frostbit the last time i worked on the car lol :D

i love a nice liner motor!

16. aedan

aedan
    from ###

still looks kool as hell

17. G Griffin

G Griffin

Very cool...

G.