Register now to get rid of these ads!

info on chopping top to my 1937 ford

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by goldflake, Jul 23, 2008.

1. goldflake

goldflake

I recentley completed a 1937 ford pick up truck hot rod, did all the work in my garage the way it was done back then...its all safe and not a rat rod but a hot rod, any way i have been kicking around chopping the top and was looking for some advice, any help..thanks and im new to the H.A.M.B...

2. Mopar34

Mopar34

Welcome to the HAMB. Check out the search feature. Probably quite a few threads on chops to be found.

There was a good article in the June Rod & Custom mag on Chopping a Model A coupe by Jimmy Shine. Techniques would apply to about any chop, not just an A coupe.

3. goldflake

goldflake

cool thank's going to start the research...

4. Mopar34

Mopar34

If you want the Jimmy Shine article and can't find it, PM me with a fax number and I will try to send you a copy. Fax copies can be a little dark but readable.

5. goldflake

goldflake

can you e-mail it to me....? thanks

6. goldflake

goldflake

7. RichB

RichB

Hey, so you are going to chop it? I have an article in one of my magazines about chopping a '40 ford. I will dig it up for you. I think a '40 Ford is closer to your '37 in shape,than the Model "A". I'll give you a shout when I find it.

8. try posting your question to the main board and you will get the bible , or hit the tech archives ,, best of luck and welcome dude..

9. goldflake

goldflake

yea im going to do it, i want to do 5" and paint it blue....so did you see matts paint on his album? yea call me when you find that info...