Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Indy bound- American Badass in Black

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brian26, Jun 9, 2009.

1. So, you like Mopars, anything Mopar, maybe even EAT SLEEP AND DRINK MOPAR. You also like 30's hot rods, and trucks. In a movement cursed with sameness, you wish to be different? Tall order.

But let's say you find a coupe that has been hammered hard in the back, a sedan that unuseable in the front, and you want a truck that Plymouth DID NOT make in 1933................with a Hemi you say? yeah wouldn't we all.

When you see this truck in Indy, This guy is going to be there with it. Yes, the hand is PERMANENT, he got it for all those goobers that like to lean against freshly painted cars!
    [​IMG]

2. All steel, built by the Summers in southern Oklahoma. 426 Hemi, '33 extended cab Plymouth phantom truck.
    [​IMG]

3. paintcan54

paintcan54

Looks good, I'll be watching for it.

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Don't care for the wheels but it looks pretty dang cool other than that.

5. Meticulous skim coat of filler underneath, the black is like chocolate that cries to be eaten.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009

6. Yeah. I'm sure he'll look into another wheel combo someday, but I have seen this truck being built up for several years, and it is severe duty built. That Hemi is not going to twist THAT frame. All business, not even a/c or a radio!

7. crashgravis

crashgravis

8. Dig the stainless tubing winged Plymouth logo on the back, lot of bruised fingers making that one.

[​IMG]

9. couple of bad pics, I tried

[​IMG]

10. 94hoghead

94hoghead

11. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

I don't often use this term (too old to be cool) but that thing is BAD ASS. I'll even give the wheels a pass knowing there is a Hemi aboard and probably needs all of that back rubber to get away from a stoplight.:eek:

FRank

12. Oh yeah, it's got uh Hemi! Twin tunnel ram for now, his blown Hemi is still in the project stage. This guy has a serious nose for Mopar stuff. Hey DAN, there is a ding on the valve cover! It's not totally absolutely perfect!!LOL

[​IMG]

13. 4" exhaust through some Flowmasters, healthy!

And hey, why not put those junk Hemi rods to good use? Who needs a billet steering wheel anyway? There is also one under the wheel for a column drop! The steering wheel matches the engine!

[​IMG]

14. $450 swap meet find that fit a '33 Plymouth, already chromed, springs and all!

[​IMG]

15. And of course headroom.

[​IMG]

16. They had to make the running boards, and extend the splash aprons 13", and patch a lot of the lower fender portions.

[​IMG]

17. This is some of what they had to cut out and replace, unreal

[​IMG]

18. Here's what happened-

They found a gold '33 Ply coupe at a swap meet in TX. The car had been "borrowed" by the owners son, and during the excursion and a decent sprinkling from the skies above, the car "mysteriously" spun out at a high rate of speed and backed into something solid.

Dan already had a '33 sedan, but most of it was beyond fixing. Then he noticed where the lines could match at the lower back of the roof. So, several years later and a lot of hard work , and some paint and interior work from some of his friends, all hee needs now is to find the nerve to put the hood ornament on. Maybe next year on that one.

[​IMG]

19. kopperkart

kopperkart
    from Wisconsin

Nice style and workmanship. Betcha it hauls!

20. I have no vested financial interest in this truck. But even I'm a little protective of it. I KNOW it will haul, it was built that way. Just hate to think of the day when he will. This guy is so serious about function, if it's on there-there's a reason for it.

21. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

nice and all I just feel it is on the wrong forum. NOTHING about it is tradition. and it doesn't have bias plies!

22. He is not a gold-chainer. He is the real deal, work instead of credit card is his way of doing things. I've seen plenty of chainers in my time, he ain't that.

Wheels are for function in his world, not looks. Kinda like the old days, he didn't follow the rules you imply, and this truck didn't build itself.

23. Chally

Chally

Thanks for sharing the story!!!

That is one nice ride and I would love to be the one driving it...