Register now to get rid of these ads!

induction systems

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by young olds, Jan 23, 2010.

1. young olds

young olds

I have been thinking about the different induction setups; 360 degree intakes with single four barrel or dual quad, 180 degree intakes with single four barrel or dual quad, individual runner setup fuel injected or carburated,(all naturally aspirated) and which one gives the best hp potential. I would like personal comparisons and facts about all these different induction systems.

2. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

From your question, it's evident that you don't understand the functional differences in the systems you mentioned. Best HP potential is only one factor. If it were the only concern, you would want a huge 360, open plennum with big carbs. Dual plane maifolds sacrifice HP potential for throttle response and torque at lower engine speeds. Individual runner injection is an attempt to reclaim that power potential without losing either torque or throttle response. Every system is a compromise.

Instead of starting with the power output, begin with the use intended for the car. Factor in driving conditions and vehicle weight, limitations of other systems, brakes, engine compartment, legal concerns, and then you begin to find parts of the puzzle that make one system more appropriate than another.

If I wanted 700 HP for a car, it would be a much different package for a dedicated drag car, a dedicated land speed car, a dedicated haul truck, or a family station wagon. You can get HP into any of these. How is a very big subject.

3. young olds

young olds

Thanks for the reply. What you said makes sense, i guess i dont really know the fuctional differences between them.