Register now to get rid of these ads!

Indian Larry fans...(Magazine related!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fat Hack, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Hey, if you dug the three Biker Build-Offs on Discovery as much as I did, then you might wanna check out this month's issue of "The HORSE" magazine! I saw it on the stands today and noticed that the cover bike was one that I had photographed at the recent Broken Dream Kruise! GREAT stories, tech, features and fun as usual for this mag...with some local Detroit area historical flavor in an article about the Riverside Ramblers MC and a flat-track legend!

Oh yeah...about Indian Larry...there's a feature on one of his bikes in this ish, too! A black-n-bad old school scoot! Great photo of ol' Larry peeking between a nice set of bare legs, too! [​IMG]

(What a camera ham!)

There's even a feature on a low-buck, just-for-fun chop built from a discarded 650cc Yamaha! The guy did wonders for the thing with basic hand tools and a little talent! Won't see stuff like that in most so-called "chopper" mags! [​IMG]

Six bucks well spent! [​IMG]

2. Donzie

Donzie

I just ran down to the corner store and picked it up (my wife thinks I'm nuts). "You need a magazine at 11:00 at night?!?"
    Haven't looked thru it yet but if it's got a low buck build-up of a 650 Yamaha and a feature on Indian Larry, it's "must have".

3. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Donzie, bring it this weekend, I'd like to paw through it. [​IMG]

4. ESnacky6

ESnacky6

There's also a one page write up on him and the chopper
    building shows in the new Rolling Stone magazine...

5. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

I just KNEW you'd be hip to it, Donzie...that low-buck Yammie 650 looks pretty cool...a groovy little rider! [​IMG]

6. Donzie

Donzie

I wish they had given a more detailed story though. He's done some of what I was thining for low-buck. I would push the tops of the rear shocks forward to set the bike lower, 16" wheel back, 19" front, peanut/Mustang tank. Has to have spoke wheels, mags just don't do anything for me. I like what he did with the battery box making it look like an oil tank. His looks good without much money spent.